Managing all operational needs, including implementation, budget planning & modelling, activation & monitoring of operation in nature reserves also supervision on vendors to ensure implementation in best practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the vision, objectives and strategies, and develop action plans for the management of all AlUla’s nature reserve, based on assessments of the features, monuments, environment, areas, and landscapes of each reserve.
- Manage and monitor all preventive, interceptive, and emergency programs and initiatives that are required for maintaining and protecting the reserves’ wildlife, and natural heritage
- Oversee the implementation of projects, events, and programs that are applied at the reserve sites and ensure the provision of support services required to implement these projects and events.
- Provide continuous coordination and consultation to support the implementation of all guidelines and policies related to the management and protection of AlUla’s nature reserves.
- Manage the budget planning and operation for nature reserves.
- Perform any other job-related duties as required by the direct manager.
- Provide input to the sector’s strategy from the Department’s or Section’s perspective in line with RCU overall vision and mission.
- Develop the Department’s or Section’s objectives, KPIs, annual operational plans and ensure plan execution is meeting the targets
- Contribute to the preparation of the Department’s or Section’s annual budget and monitor the financial performance of the Department or Section.
- Implement and execute the Department’s or Section’s policies and procedures. Oversee the overall performance of the section and ensure KPI’s are well developed, cascaded, communicated and monitored.
- Ensure effective staffing, professional development and deployment of staff of the Department or Section in consultation with the Sector Executive or (Executive) Director.
Bachelor’s Degree (Masters Degree preferred)
6 years of relevant experience with 2 years in a managerial role.
- Written and Oral proficiency of English language.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Familiarity with standards, regulations, best practices, and performance standards.
- Maintains a high standard of professionalism, presentation, personal integrity, and customer
About Royal Commission for AlUla
The Royal Commission for AlUla (RCU) was established to protect and safeguard AlUla, a region of outstanding natural and cultural significance in North-West Saudi Arabia. RCU is embarking on a long-term plan to develop and deliver a sensitive, sustainable transformation of the region, reaffirming it as one of country’s most important archaeological and cultural destinations and preparing it to welcome visitors from around the world. RCU’s development work in AlUla encompasses a broad range of initiatives across archaeology, tourism, culture, education and the arts, reflecting the ambitious commitment to cultivate tourism and leisure in Saudi Arabia, outlined in Vision 2030.