This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an experienced team of blanket bog restoration practitioners to help deliver more than one million pounds worth of peatland restoration over the next three years.
Part-Time Project Manager (Fixed-Term)
Location: Dove Stone, Oldham, OL3
Salary: £27,574.00 – £30,590.00 Per Annum FTE
Hours: Part Time, 18.75 hours per week
Contract: 3yrs Fixed until March 2025
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata)
Dove Stone is a partnership site between RSPB and United Utilities, in the north of the Peak District National Park. Peatland restoration at Dove Stone has been ongoing for 16 years, and the partnership team has been instrumental in developing some of the now standard restoration techniques, and we are still innovating! Come and join us at the cutting edge of UK peatland restoration!
What is the role about?
- This role will work alongside and report to the Site Manager at Dove Stone to manage the reporting and claiming processes of Dove Stone’s Nature for Climate Peatland Restoration funded project and will be responsible for;
- Producing quarterly, annual and final project reports for the funder and for partners
- Assist the warden team to manage the capital works tendering and contracts management process
- Be responsible for collating all the evidence needed, for producing and for submitting the annual grant claims as per the terms of the grant agreement
- Working with the Site Manager and the RSPB’s fundraising and finance teams, and taking responsibility for Dove Stone’s compliance with the funder requirements as per the terms of the grant agreement
- Working with the Dove Stone grant delivery team (Site Manager, Wardens, Assistant Warden, Visitor Experience Manager, Rangers, Volunteers) to ensure that all evidence needed for reporting and claiming is produced to standard in a timely manner
- Working with the Site Manager and the Area Finance Officer to monitor spend and manage the project budget accordingly, and provide annual accounts for grant audit
- Working with the Site Manager, nominated Fundraiser and Area Finance Officer, forecast budget once per quarter
- Become thoroughly familiar with the grant agreement and the RSPB’s obligations resulting from it and ensure that the RSPB meets those obligations to ensure full compliance.
- Become familiar and use the RSPB project management framework
What we need from you
As the Nature for Climate Peatland Restoration Project Manager, you will work with the Site Manager and the Area Finance Officer to manage the nature for Climate Peatland Restoration reporting and claiming process for Dove Stone.
- Proven track record in managing the reporting and claiming processes of a complex grant funded project
- Qualification or proven experience using a Project Management framework (for example PRINCE2 or similar)
- Proven experience of managing change within a project
- Experience of working with partners and external funders, good relationship building skills
- Experience of coordinating multiple members of staff to achieve outcomes (for example producing project reports)
- You will be an excellent team worker, be organised, and be a great representative of the RSPB to external partners and funders
- Experience in contract management – contract preparation and tendering process, and will follow the RSPB’s procurement framework
- Experience of the RSPB’s project management framework and procurement procedure
The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
Closing date: 23:59, 24 October 2021
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 1st November 2021.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
As part of this application process you will be asked to complete a full application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience requested.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.