This listing has expired.
Programme Manager – Peatland Action Fund
Location: RSPB Scotland HQ – Edinburgh
Salary: £33,600.00 – £37,275.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave
Contract Duration: Until March 2026
A fantastic opportunity to act as our Peatland Action Programme Manager to drive forward our ambitious programme of peatland restoration in Scotland. The RSPB is one of the leading undertakers of peatland restoration in Scotland, and this role will help develop our longer-term ambitions to deliver restoration at scale in line with Scottish Government targets. This post is a fixed term to March 2026.
What’s the role about?
ScotGov has a budget of £250M for peatland restoration in Scotland to 2030 and a target for restoration of 20,000 hectares per annum. RSPB is working with NatureScot who manage the Peatland Action Fund to undertake delivery of restoration at scale. Your role will be to ensure that this opportunity is maximised and that it is undertaken in a consistent and coherent fashion.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- A strong track record of managing programmes or projects
- Competent IT user, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven experience of being able to persuade and influence a wide range of people.
- Evidence of strong cost and budget management
- Ability to ensure that complex issues resolved quickly and efficiently
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- An understanding or awareness of the issues surrounding Climate Change and relationship to peatland restoration
- Awareness and understanding of conservation funding opportunities and mechanisms
This is a Fixed-Term / Full-Time role for 37.5 hours per week, until the end of March 2026.
The RSPB reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
Closing date: 23:59, Wednesday 17th August 2022
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 29th August 2022.
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
This role will require completion of a PVG in addition to the standard pre-employment checks. The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.