This listing has expired.
St Helena Cloud Forest Project Coordinator (St Helena)
Closing date: 23:59, 15 August 2021
Location: Island of St Helena
Salary: £25,280.00 – £28,045.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
Duration: 2.6 years
Passionate about plants, invertebrates, and people? Are you already, or would you be happy to be based on the island of St Helena for almost three years? We currently have an exciting opportunity for someone to take forward and deliver one of RSPB’s flagship partnership projects in the UK Overseas Territories.
As an organised and effective communicator, you will be responsible for driving forwards an incredibly exciting collaborative, partnership-based project to scale up cloud forest restoration efforts on the island of St Helena, a UK Overseas Territory in the south Atlantic.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following work areas:
- Take a lead role in monitoring relevant project developments across the partnership to deliver the Peaks Management Plan.
- Build effective and collaborative relationships with partners and stakeholders to ensure that conservation delivery opportunities arising from the project are maximised.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and reporting is undertaken at suitable stages within the project lifespan to measure the success of project activities.
- Contribute to and where appropriate coordinate, the writing of project reports, related briefings and supporting materials to further project objectives
- Brief project team about relevant project developments to ensure an informed and consistent approach across the team and to ensure appropriate support and buy-in for the project’s objectives.
- Lead on communicating the project outputs across the partnership and with external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate use of project materials and outputs
- Deliver appropriate communication activities such as events, media interaction, briefings, talks and production of materials in association with partners, to support the delivery of the project.
- Advocate the project effectively to appropriate external audiences to further project objectives.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience to bring to this exciting role:
- Experience in planning and implementing conservation measures on small islands
- Good understanding of conservation challenges on islands
- Competent use of Microsoft Office.
- Able to analyse complex issues in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills – Proficient in English (Speaking and Writing)
- Well-developed negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to find creative solutions.
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Proven time management and organisational skills.
- Project management.
- Report writing.
- Working with project teams and stakeholders.
- Proven experience delivering actions relevant to specific projects.
- Ability to work well as part of a cross-functional project team.
- Cost and budget management.
- Working understanding of relevant institutions on St Helena
- Experience organising training events, workshops/facilitated discussions and meetings.
- Experience producing materials, newsletters and similar project related communications.
- Experience of working with external stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or experience relevant to the role.
- A valid driver’s licence is essential.
Closing date: 23:59, 15 August 2021