Celebrated the last Saturday of April every year, Save The Frogs Day is the world’s largest day of amphibian education and conservation action. To ensure the success of our worldwide efforts, SAVE THE FROGS! offers Save The Frogs Day Grants to dedicated groups who are organizing Save The Frogs Day events and seeking financial assistance.
Save The Frogs Day Grants generally average US$300.
If you have an exceptional event planned, or a series of events, you can request up to US$750.
If you wish to serve as the distributor of grant funds to multiple groups in your country, you can request more than $750, but first contact us with details and gain approval prior to applying.
The total amount of disbursements each year will be based on the financial support received from the SAVE THE FROGS! community, so we encourage and appreciate your donation to SAVE THE FROGS!.
Grant applications will be accepted beginning February 1st.
Grant applications must be submitted by March 1st at 11:59pm Los Angeles time. Any application received after that will not be reviewed until March of the following year and no exceptions will be made.
Decisions will be announced by March 31st
Funds to successful applicants will be disbursed by April 10th.
Final reports should be submitted by May 15th.
Grantwriting Tip #1:
Always submit your grant proposals a week or two prior to the deadline. This helps ensure you will not be rushed; and that the grantors see your application first, fall in love with it, and want it to win.
What We Do And Do Not Fund
What we do and do not fund is clearly described on the SAVE THE FROGS! Grants page. We suggest you read it prior to applying.
As a brief summary, we fund projects that demonstrate a clear benefit to the conservation of amphibian populations. Projects could be centered around research, education, policy, and/or habitat. If your project is scientific research, how will you translate your science into action? Be sure to explain in your application.
- Save The Frogs Day Historical Involvement
- Grants will only be given to organizations or individuals who have organized, registered and reported at least one Save The Frogs Day event in the past.
- This is to ensure that grant recipients have the knowledge and dedication to hold a successful event.
- WITHIN THE USA & OUTSIDE THE USA
- Grants may be given to individuals or organizations within the USA.
- Outside the USA, grants will only be given to nonprofit organizations (e.g. NGO) or official educational organizations (e.g. school or university). Do not apply from outside the USA unless you are affiliated with a nonprofit or educational organization who would serve as the grant recipient.
- OFFICIAL MEMBERS OF SAVE THE FROGS!
- The applicant must be an official member of SAVE THE FROGS!.
- There are two ways to become a member:
- Membership has a variety of benefits, so if you care enough about frogs to apply for a grant, you should definitely become a member…plus you must be a member to be eligible for any SAVE THE FROGS! Grant.
Ready To Apply?
Please apply through the application form on our website. Remember: not all proposals will be funded, but the best ones likely will be, so be sure to submit your most well-crafted proposal.
Best of luck and thank you for spreading amphibian awareness!
If you see this message rather than an application form, it means you are either not logged in, or you are logged in but you are not listed in our system as an active SAVE THE FROGS! Member. You should log in and if necessary become a member or apply for a scholarship (which would cover your membership).