Here at Lancashire Wildlife Trust we offer a school grounds service, which aims to add a unique, creative and eco-friendly element to school grounds.
We have expertise in both environmental education and landscape contract work, which means we have the capacity to help schools along every step of the way – from
initial planning and design to construction and maintenance.
We’ve worked with hundreds of schools over the years, installing a number of outdoor classroom facilities and focal points, working with schools to build upon their already
The role of School Grounds Project Trainee offers an excellent opportunity to learn a diverse range of groundwork and landscaping skills through practical experience. The
successful candidate will have opportunities for training in machinery, Health and Safety on worksites and Project Management.
The Trainee will be working as part of the much larger Education team here at Brockholes Nature Reserve. Brockholes is the hub for many of the activities and projects at
the Lancashire Wildlife Trust and provides an opportunity to work within a vibrant and exciting workplace. Brockholes is an urban nature reserve on the edge of Preston
and attracts a huge range of birds like Bitterns, Ospreys and Buzzards as well as providing a home for hundreds of species of wildflowers, invertebrates and mammals.
PURPOSE OF POST
- To assist in the delivery of high quality school ground works including ground and path work. To liaise with the School
- Grounds Project Officers regarding work schedule. To work within all safety protocols.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist with the design of school grounds by working with the School Grounds Project Officers (SGPO),
contracts managers and designers.
- To assist the SGPO in the delivery of projects; the agreed design within budget and timescale whilst upholding
all Health and Safety policies (CDM, RoSPA).
- To assist in the marketing and promotion of School grounds and education activities at Brockholes across the region.
- To assist in the maintenance and conservation of the nature reserve.
- To follow Trust guidelines for the health, safety and welfare.
- To undertake any other duties as may occasionally be decided by the management.