This listing has expired.
- Job: Seasonal Ecologist
- Location: Oxfordshire
- Salary: Starting at £23,000
Ecology by Design is currently looking to recruit a consultant ecologist to join the team for a fixed term position of six months.
Ecology by Design was setup in January 2015 and we have had consistent growth ever since. We strive to employ the best and brightest and reward hard work and dedication. We provide ecology consultancy services to a wide range of clients. We pride ourselves in technical excellence and providing an innovative, pragmatic, client friendly service.
We are a young business and we seek people who are keen to work in ecology, strive for excellence and are excited by being part of a young business.
We work across the UK with the majority of our projects across the Home Counties, South and Midlands.
You can read more about our work on our website at www.ecologybydesign.co.uk.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Genuine and demonstrable enthusiasm for ecology and the environment;
- Experienced at phase 1 habitat surveys and protected species surveys;
- Ideally a survey licence for at least one protected species e.g. bats;
- Ability to lead field teams;
- Good report writing skills;
- Motivated to work both independently and as part of a team, often in remote locations and sometimes during unsociable hours;
- Good communication skills both with colleagues, clients and third parties;
- Comfortable designing surveys;
- Full driving licence and use of a car; and
- The project-based nature of our work means the candidate must be wiling to undertake travel and work away from home with overnight stays.
- Advanced skills in one or more specialist ecological areas e.g. bats;
- Member of CIEEM or working towards it;
- Degree or equivalent in an ecology related discipline;
- Experience of using QGIS or ArcGIS;
- Comfortable generating new work and networking; and
- Experience of designing surveys and quoting for work
Working for Ecology by Design
- Apple computer and IPhone;
- Competitive salary;
- Professional memberships paid for;
- Unlimited in-house and external training budget;
- Colleague nominated bonus scheme;
- Generous pension;
- Unlimited annual leave and flexible approach to work time, balancing a healthy work life balance.
New perks added frequently, reflecting being part of an exciting and innovative young business.
The candidate must live within commuting distance to Chalgrove, Oxfordshire or be willing to relocate.
Being part of a young company offers excellent opportunities for rapid career progression.
For an informal discussion about the job, please contact Ben Gardner on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01865893346.
In the first instance please send your CV and covering letter to the email above including the location you are based and salary expectation.
Closing date for applications is Friday 7th May 2021. If you have not heard from us by Friday 21st May, please assume that your application has not been successful. We may request further information before inviting prospective candidates for interview. We also reserve the right to close the application process early if a suitable candidate is found.