- Seasonal Ecologist, a 6 month contract from March 2021
- Location: Various offices
- Salary: Negotiable
About the role:
Would you like to work with people who are passionate about ecology and also keen to help you progress your career?
Tyler Grange Group Limited is recruiting a number of Seasonal Ecologists for all of its office locations and can offer some diverse projects for you to learn the technicalities of Ecological Consultancy. Our busy ecology team requires some graduate/seasonal ecologists to assist during the survey Season in 2021. The successful applicants could be working from any of our offices (Bristol, Manchester, London, or Birmingham) but would have a designated office base from which you will primarily be working. You will be working on sites throughout the Country and should be able to travel. The role will involve a wide variety of survey work, together with office based activities including data searches, data analysis and providing various project support to consultants.
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- A great working environment with an enthusiastic, friendly and growing team A wide range of clients and projects
- A wide range of project work allowing you to gain exposure to botanical/protected species surveys, ECoW, data management and technical reporting
- Up to 1 community day per month for volunteering
What we are looking for:
- Be enthusiastic team players and proven ecologists with a professional attitude and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence;
- Have at least an honours degree in ecological science, and preferably a higher degree;
- Have some ecology field skills – a protected species handling licence would be a distinct advantage;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Have a full UK driving licence and a willingness to travel throughout the UK, including time spent staying away from home;
- and Be prepared to work hard and have a desire to learn from experts in their field.
If you wish to apply, a Curriculum Vitae and covering letter stating briefly why you have the necessary attributes, an optional 2 minute video can be submitted to support your application. Please state which of the offices (can be more than one) that you are keen to be based from, should be emailed by Friday 23rd October 2020 to [email protected]
Please title your email Seasonal 2020. We intend to hold interviews on Friday 20th November 2019 at our Cotswold office and will expect you to be available for the whole day. We will be holding the recruitment day in accordance with Covid social distancing.