A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic ecological consultant/ornithologist to join our growing team for the 2019 survey season (with the possibility of the role becoming permanent).
Nevis Environmental is an independent consultancy providing environmental management, planning and development services. We advise clients on whole project lifecycle, from site search and feasibility, through the planning and assessment stage, to delivery and compliance. Nevis Environmental was established in 2004 and quickly became known as a leader in the field of onshore wind, guiding projects through environmental management construction and operational monitoring and we are specialists in habitat management and reconstruction.
About the role
Nevis have a variety of long standing clients and long term projects, as well as a raft of new projects for 2019. We are therefore seeking an ornithologist (or ecologist with an interest and experience in ornithology) to complement our existing team in our Inverness Office to assist with our varied survey work for the season.
Your role with Nevis will involve:
- Undertaking a range of fieldwork/technical surveys.Nevis have a wide client base across Scotland and the North of England and so our sites include onshore wind, hydro and land for development. Surveys will be varied to include Ornithological (we have some incredible birds in Scotland- lucky us!), Habitats and Ecology (pine martens, water voles, wildcats….) – who wants to do the same thing everyday anyway?
- Liaison with clients and landowners and provide technical support in respect to the environmental and ecology activities at a project levelNevis prides itself on a quality, bespoke service to our clients – our clients are at the heart of what we do
- Provide sound and professional environmental or ecology advice to the project teamNevis is all about its people – we are a tight knit bunch who enjoy where we work, what we do and where we live. A passion for the great outdoors and a willingness to assist wherever needed and go the extra mile to help your colleagues is what we are all about!
We are seeking a candidate with a background in ornithology & field work due to the high volume of ornithological surveys we have on our books. We do have a preference for experience in a consultancy role, however all candidates will be considered.
We are looking for a team player, with a calm, organised and patient outlook.
What we would like from you:
- Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant field
- Ornithological field work experience
- Full driving licence
- A real interest in and understanding of the environment
- Membership of a professional body – CIEEM, IEMA etc
- Experience of working on construction sites – CSCS card holder
- Technical experience in environmental & ecology management
What we offer:
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Opportunity to join an experienced and passionate team
- The chance to live and work in the most beautiful parts of the UK (and perhaps the world…but we may be biased)
Apply now by emailing your CV to [email protected]
Want to know more?
Why not email our General Manager Rebecca on [email protected] or call 01463 210432 (she may be busy – leave a message)