To provide a caring and safe environment for all animals and maximize their comfort in the transportation to the National Wildlife Rescue Centre by maintaining a high standard of animal husbandry.
- Model the Society’s values, Committed, Compassionate, Professional, Expert, Collaborative and Adaptable in the workplace at all times.
- Uplift wildlife casualties from Society Animal Rescue and Rehoming Centers and transport them to the
- National Wildlife Centre at Fishcross.
- Transfer animals safely and with care between Animal Rescue and Rehoming Centers as required.
- Work as part of a team with other staff members and volunteers at the center.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with other staff, volunteers, and representatives of other agencies and members of the general public.
- Take care of personal health and safety and that of others, who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- Participate in necessary training.
- Demonstrate excellent customer care skills and deal professionally and competently with members of the public both by telephone and in person.
- Maintain a high standard of personal conduct and appearance at all times. Be smart in appearance and ensure that the Society’s vehicle and equipment are maintained in a clean and serviceable condition at all times.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records as required and assist in the collation of statistics in accordance with center protocols and procedures.
- Undertake allocated duties and assist colleagues as required.
Education, Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Relevant animal care qualification.
- Customer care qualification.
- Practical experience working with animals.
- Knowledge of wildlife, natural history and animal welfare.
- An understanding of and commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
- Excellent customer care and communication skills.
- Commitment to animal welfare.
- Resilient and calm approach.
- Act with professional integrity.
- Work well within a team.
- A commitment to and understanding of the benefits of animal welfare education.
- Full UK manual driving license.
- Flexible with working hours / shifts.