This listing has expired.
Forest & Bird is New Zealand’s leading independent conservation organisation. For almost a century, we have been speaking out for the natural environment on land, in our seas, and for the climate. We are a community-based organisation with volunteer branches and restoration projects throughout Aotearoa New Zealand.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and qualified Senior Communications Advisor to help us be the ‘Voice for Nature’ for this full-time position of 40 hours a week based at our National Office in Wellington.
Your initiative, motivation, and project management skills will help provide trusted advice to internal partners and contributors relating to our environmental campaigns design and implementation, as well as ensure all campaigns are linked to our strategic plan and are planned effectively to be delivered within budget, achieving desired impact with target audiences.
All members of Forest & Bird’s communications team support our campaigns, fundraising, and marketing teams, and our volunteer branches. Therefore, you’ll need excellent planning skills, including the ability to work with events, news media, media monitoring and analytics, and work with a broad range passionate professionals and volunteers.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following:
- At least 5 years’ experience within Marketing and Communications, including internal and external communications, websites, publishing and events initiatives, and journalism.
- Proven experience project managing, supporting and ensuring the delivery of campaigns on time and within budget, ideally focused on social marketing or behavioural change.
- Highly organised, disciplined, resilient, and capable of managing a wide range of competing priorities while remaining composed.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship management skills, with an ability to relate across the organisation, with agencies, and a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a proven track record writing and editing.
- An ability to provide best practice advice on messages, channel use, positioning, and angles to help deliver external communications, campaigns, and initiatives.
- Highly skilled at communications planning.
- Working knowledge of media law, defamation and public liability.
- Experience using online Content Management Systems in addition to a working knowledge of MS Office programmes, and email.
- An understanding and interest of conservation and environmental issues.
To apply, please email your CV, cover letter and an example of a communication material you have made to [email protected]. All applications will be acknowledged. Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete an application form prior to an interview. The closing date for applications is 5pm, Sunday 21st July 2019.
Specific queries about this role should be directed to Phil Bilbrough, General Manager Marketing & Communications on (04) 801 2217.