Ecosulis have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Ecologist to manage our ecology team based at our head office in Bath. You will share our values, believing that people and nature can coexist and that innovation and collaboration get the best outcome. This role will involve undertaking consulting work for a range of developments, as well as providing input into our diverse habitat restoration projects.
Candidates will be selected according to their experience and attitude towards development, planning and conservation. You will be required to project manage a range of various consulting jobs, predominately scoping and undertaking ecological surveys, and informing development design for planning applications. The job will require travelling to various sites and undertake surveys throughout the week. There may occasionally be night time work during busy periods, especially over the summer months.
You will have:
- An ambitious and forward thinking outlook with recent experience in the consultancy sector.
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience.
- Project and team management experience across multiple projects in a consultancy setting.
- At least one European Protected Species licence, preferably either bats or great crested newt.
- Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management.
- Experience of report writing.
- Thorough understanding of UK legislation, planning policy and best practice.
- Be experienced at using a range of bat detectors and able to analyse sonograms accurately.
- Able to lead and co-ordinate surveys.
- Enthusiastic, reliable and hardworking, with good interpersonal and team motivational skills.
- Be dynamic and proactive, able to use own initiative when appropriate.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and third parties.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Clean driving licence and own transport essential.
Please send your CV to [email protected] quoting the following reference:
Start Date: ASAP
Ecosulis is an equal opportunities employer.