Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 a year
Location: Northwest with travel throughout UK
Hours: Full time (part time may be considered for the right person)
Are you looking for a new and rewarding challenge?
As a dynamic and growing business, we are looking for an additional Senior Ecologist to join our small but
enthusiastic and friendly team on a permanent basis. The successful applicant will take responsibility for running
some of our ecology projects, working alongside the arboricultural and landscape design teams supporting a range
of clients across the UK by providing a ‘joined-up thinking’ approach to projects. This position offers excellent
long-term prospects with an expanding company and a chance to help us shape the future of the business.
The job will involve, but not be restricted to:
* Carrying out extended phase 1 habitat surveys
* Hedgerow Surveys
* Report writing to a high standard
* BREEAM Surveys & Reports
* Protected Species Surveys
* Project management & Liaison with client teams
* Pricing & resourcing of projects
* Ensuring that projects are completed to deadlines as per agreed brief & within budget
* Liaising with clients & stakeholders
* Assisting in business development
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
* Minimum 5 years consultancy experience
* Protected species licence (minimum level 1 / 2 bat licence preferable)
* Previously named on European Protected Species Development Licences
* Positive approach to client projects
* Commercial awareness
* Ability and willingness to work unusual hours
* Project management experience
* Highly organised
* Works well under pressure
In order to be successful in this role you will be self-motivated, have a natural enthusiasm for providing solutions
to client problems with the utmost integrity, a desire to make things happen, an eye for detail, an absolute
commitment to quality and of course a passion for all things ecology.
In return, the right person will receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits that will grow as the business
continues to grow.
If you have the requisite skills and motivation and are interested in this role, please email us at
[email protected] including your up to date CV & covering letter stating how you could add value
to our team.