Senior Ecologist | London
Senior Ecologist | London
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Ecological Consultant to join our multidisciplinary team in London and assist with the delivery of a diverse range of projects. This will include project management and technical input on Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Protected Species Surveys, Ecological Management Plans and Ecological Impact Assessments.
The role would entail management of ecology projects; many of which would involve multiple protected species in complex scenarios. Alongside fieldwork, the successful candidate would be responsible for tender production, client liaison, financial management and project programming. There would also be opportunities to support on unique urban biodiversity projects, such as bespoke ecological monitoring of living roofs and green infrastructure strategy production.
Greengage is an award winning multidisciplinary environmental consultancy known for providing innovative and bespoke ecological solutions. We have a wealth of experience across a range of sectors and through all stages of planning, development and corporate sustainability. Our discipline is based on a deep understanding of the built, natural and social environment.
Our consultants gain experience working on a wide range of developments, providing baseline surveys to facilitate planning applications, and working with architects and landscape architects in the design and implementation process to create innovative solutions for integrating biodiversity within the built form.
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate that they are:
- Ideally 4+ years of professional experience;
- Graduate (MSc desirable) in a relevant scientific degree (ecology, biology, environmental science or similar);
- At least ACIEEM (MCIEEM desirable);
- Highly organised and motivated individual;
- Based in or around London and have access to a car with full driver’s licence;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Enthusiastic about nature conservation;
- Available to work flexible hours to support on ecology surveys;
- Possess sound knowledge of UK wildlife legislation and planning policy;
- Experienced in ecological surveying, particularly for bats, GCN and reptiles;
- Hold a European protected species licence for bats and experience with EPSM licence preparation and delivery (desirable); and
- Experience/knowledge of green infrastructure and working with urban biodiversity (desirable).
The full-time role is available from November 2018. The successful candidate would be based in our London office (between Waterloo and London Bridge) although will involve a large amount of travel (mostly within London and the south-east).
Salary: Competitive based on experience.
Contact: If you are interested in applying for the role please send a CV and supporting letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are interested in the role and how you meet the personal specification. If you have any questions or would like additional information please feel free to get in touch.