Based in York or Glasgow, UK. Arcus is a multi-disciplinary environmental, planning and engineering consultancy delivering high quality projects in all major sectors and at all stages of project lifecycle, from feasibility to decommissioning. We have a particularly strong track record in renewable energy, which provides substantial and interesting opportunities for bird survey and assessment.
Our long established ecology team is looking for a dynamic and experienced ornithologist to deliver all aspects of ornithology consultancy. We are ideally looking to appoint at senior level, but all levels of experience will be considered. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of ecological legislation and policy, and will be responsible for tendering, managing, delivering, and reporting bird survey and assessment projects. The aims of the role are to:
- Provide a company-wide lead ornithologist role;
- Design surveys, manage and analyse survey data;
- Manage projects and sub-consultants;
- Produce high quality reports and ecological impact assessments;
- Provide technical advice to clients and other technical teams;
- Develop business and maintain client relationships; and to
- Liaise with planning authorities and consultees.
Candidates will ideally be members of the Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with one or more of the following, in addition to the core aims of the role:
- Wider ecological consultancy skills;
- Ecological Impact Assessment experience; and
- Ecological Clerk of Works experience.
Arcus offers a competitive salary package, plus benefits, excellent training and development opportunities and the chance to work in a dynamic and motivated team on a selection of exciting projects across a range of sectors.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com at your earliest convenience.