This listing has expired.
The Pan African Sanctuary Alliance (PASA) is seeking a Social Media and Outreach Specialist.
In this part-time position, you will work with other members of the PASA International team to develop and implement a public communications and engagement strategy. Your work developing content and analyzing results will help PASA reach supporters worldwide.
This position is remote, from your home.
The Pan African Sanctuary Alliance, the largest association of wildlife centers in Africa, includes 23 organizations in 13 African countries. The Alliance’s members work to stop the illegal trade in wildlife, rescue, rehabilitate, and reintroduce orphans of the trade, protect wild primate populations and their habitats, and educate and empower communities. The combination of PASA’s worldwide network and its members’ local expertise uniquely positions the Alliance to build a global movement to save Africa’s great apes and monkeys.
Main purpose of the job:
- Perform diverse duties to support PASA’s communications and fundraising goals, with special emphasis on social media.
- Reporting to the Senior Communications Strategist
Part-time, remote position, 20 hours a week. Hourly compensation.
- Serve as the central coordinator for all PASA social media activities.
- Create content, manage calendar, and post.
- Coordinate with volunteers and other staff to ensure PASA social media supports awareness building, programs, fundraising, and member needs.
- Track key social media metrics and develop reporting on these to improve outcomes.
- Build PASA presence on TikTok and explore other emerging channels
- Create written and visual content for PASA channels including email, videos, blog posts, social media posts, and other content as needed.
- Produce emails in Mailchimp and other systems and manage email lists.
- Update PASA website content and implement SEO.
- Manage, monitor and optimize digital advertising programs in coordination with Sr. Communications Strategist.
- Demonstrated experience with social media channels, especially Instagram, Facebook, and Tiktok; experience with Twitter and LinkedIn preferred.
- Strong written and visual communication skills; and ability to create graphics and videos preferred.
- Excellent administrative skills including organization and attention to detail. Experience with digital advertising platforms a plus.
- Demonstrated passion for animal welfare and wildlife conservation.
Please send a cover letter that states why you are a good fit for this position, your resume/CV, and contact information of three references to