This listing has expired.
Are you social savvy and passionate about biodiversity conservation? Do you want to help conservationists enjoy meaningful, impactful careers?
We’re looking for a Social Media Officer (Volunteer) to help grow and engage our Conservation Careers community!
About Conservation Careers
We are the #1 careers advice centre for conservationists – helping over 200,000 conservationists in 228 countries across the globe.
We believe that all wildlife is beautiful and that it deserves great conservationists working to protect it. We have extensive international knowledge, experience and a network of contacts within the conservation career sector. This means that we can help job seekers and conservation organisations to form lasting relationships. We do this by providing careers advice and information to a network of dedicated conservationists across the globe.
Learn more about our mission, vision and values.
About the role
As Social Media Specialist, your mission is to ensure that everyone in the Conservation Careers online community feels inspired and supported in order to achieve career success. You’ll grow and manage our social media channels day-to-day (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram), bringing opportunities, resources and activities to life, while supporting our values and wider goals. You’ll also use insights and analysis to help improve content over time and explore creative new ideas.
This is an exciting time to join Conservation Careers. You’ll launch and build our Instagram channel and play a key role in launching our new Conservation Training platform, listing conservation masters and short courses online and around the globe. You’ll also help share brand-new resources we’re developing for conservationists, including our career courses, ultimate guides, career profiles, funding opportunities, monthly themes and more.
This is a part time (3-5 hours per week) voluntary role that works closely with the Head of Engagement.
- Social content planning
- Day-to-day channel management
- Tracking channel success
- Other (possibility to take on additional responsibilities depending on time and interests).
Download the full job description.
You are passionate about biodiversity conservation and helping conservationists enjoy meaningful, impactful careers. You understand the impact social media can create for a business and have experience successfully building and engaging online communities. You’re familiar with social media best practice and know how to use your planning and organisational skills to coordinate social media content monthly, weekly and daily.
You genuinely enjoy engaging with and supporting community members from around the globe. You’re proactive, get excited about trying creative new approaches or tools, and are always looking for ways to improve digital engagement.
- Experience delivering effective social media communications, with examples of success.
- Experience managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) with knowledge of best practice for each.
- Experience collecting data insights for content development on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Knowledge of channel analytics and reporting experience.
- Passion for and knowledge of biodiversity conservation.
- English as a first language.
- Great organisation and attention to detail to implement a shared content calendar.
- Proactivity, initiative and self-motivation.
Let us know if you have
- A degree, diploma or certificate in Social Media, Communications, Journalism, Digital Marketing or a related field.
- Knowledge of or experience with: SEO, Google Analytics, graphic design, Adobe Creative Cloud, videography, video editing, photography, copywriting, editing, journalism, Hootsuite, email marketing or MailChimp
- Spanish language skills
- Client or customer service experience
Location: Anywhere! (home-based)
Time commitment: Part-time, 3-5 hours per week for 6+ months. You will usually need to be available for 20-40 minutes daily from Monday to Friday.
Start date: September 2019 or as soon as possible
What we offer
While this position is unpaid, we can offer:
- Valuable professional experience with a global conservation company
- A chance to make a HUGE difference for conservationists and conservation
- Full access to our online Conservation Careers Kickstarter course (value £195), including a Lion membership for the duration of your role
- One free application review (value £100) and one free interview practice (value £100) to help you with your future job hunt
- A role with small, young company that values agility, openness, collaboration and optimism
- Flexible working hours
- References and recommendations depending on performance.
Download the full job description.
To apply, please send 1) your CV, 2) a one-page cover letter and 3) an example of successful social media work you’ve done to Kristi Foster (Head of Engagement) at [email protected].
Applications are open until 22 September 2019.