This listing has expired.
The Regional Activity Centre for Specially Protected Areas and Species of the Caribbean (SPAWRAC) is a technical centre dedicated to supporting the United Nations Environment Programme –
Caribbean Environment Programme (UNEP-CEP) and Caribbean countries and territories in
implementing commitments on biodiversity protection. Integrated into the DEAL of Guadeloupe,
the SPAW-RAC is placed under the UNEP-CEP and under the supervision of French Ministry of
Ecological Transition (MTES). It is currently made up of 3 permanent staff, a variable number of
fixed-term contracts and can take on interns.
– Facilitate exchanges between the signatories of the SPAW protocol, experts and stakeholders on
the protected areas and spaces sub-programme;
– Facilitate working groups and networks, in particular the official “Protected Areas” WG;
– Contribute to the organisation and valorisation of the SPAW protected areas network;
– Organise and disseminate knowledge and promote good practice.
– Work on capacity building of managers and management plans of SPAW protected areas;
– The position is open-ended. Depending on his/her skills and involvement, he/she will be required
to develop and manage projects on the various subjects covered by the SPAW protocol. In this context, he/she will be required to develop projects and tools for the management of biodiversity, to participate in the organisation of regional events in relation with institutional, professional, scientific and associative actors from all Caribbean countries.
The project officer is placed under the hierarchical authority of the Director of SPAW-RAC.
Specific conditions of employment:
RIFSEEP grading of the post: 4
This post is open to permanent civil servants and contractual agents.
This post is only open to European Union citizens. French-speaking required
The Project Officer will be provided with an office, computer equipment and the necessary fixed
He/she will be required to carry out missions in the countries and territories of the Caribbean.
Teleworking is possible under the conditions of the DEAL regulations.
Description of the profile sought:
Minimum 5 years of education and 5 years of experience required
Technical skills :
– Fluent French and English and if possible knowledge of Spanish;
– Expertise in ecology and in particular in the management of protected areas;
– Interest in regional cooperation.
– Good research, analysis and writing skills
– Administrative and financial management of European and/or international projects,
– Good skills in office tools
– Knowledge of databases and GIS
– Sense of organisation, rigour, method
– Driving licence
Interpersonal skills :
– Great ability to listen and communicate;
– Ability to integrate into an international team;
– Availability and motivation