This listing has expired.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a staff level Biologist position with experience in natural resource management and biological studies for our Sacramento, CA office. We are seeking a candidate who is looking to develop a long-term consulting career that combines high-level technical expertise with commercial acumen and leadership. Responsibilities may include participating in implementing scientific studies, surveys, natural resource planning, environmental monitoring/ inspections, and preparing a wide variety of technical studies, reports, and permit applications. It is anticipated that a moderate level of travel and variable hours will be required for the position. Depending on availability, this position is either a temporary or a regular, part, or full-time position. Pay rate will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
What you will accomplish
- Work closely with a project team to develop innovative approaches to resource assessment that meet client needs and can withstand agency and public scrutiny.
- Take initiative and resolve issues to assure client needs are met effectively.
- Coordinate and/or lead biological survey and wetland delineation field efforts.
- Support project managers and technical leads on a variety of resource management planning projects.
- Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, and other maps and tools during fieldwork.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities and/or assist others with their opportunities.
- Assist at public and/or agency meetings.
- Work closely with SWCA’s other resource scientists, managers, and directors in both natural and cultural resources throughout the company to promote SWCA’s business interests in adherence to its mission, vision, and values.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, environmental science or a related field.
- 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in biological surveys and resource management.
- The ideal candidate will also possess strong wildlife and plant identification skills.
- Familiarity with the Endangered Species Act and habitat conservation plans.
- Experience working with scientists, planners, engineers, contractors, and agency specialists.
- Experience writing technical reports and ability to record accurate field notes.
- Environmental consulting experience.
- Arborist certification.
- Ability to take initiative, resolve problems and ensure tasks are completed in the most effective manner.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn company procedures, and ability to try new, improved techniques.
- Ability to work as member of a team and independently to make decisions and complete tasks in the most effective manner.
- Willingness to learn and grow into increased project-management responsibilities.
- Willingness to promote SWCAs services internally and externally.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned environmental firm with offices across the U.S. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with in-depth knowledge of permitting and compliance protocols to achieve technically sound, cost-effective solutions for a full spectrum of environmental projects. As one of the largest environmental compliance firms, SWCA ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
SWCA offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a competitive benefits package, including an employee stock ownership retirement plan (ESOP). If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions, then SWCA will be a great fit for you!
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please email email@example.com or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
SWCA operates in compliance with all federal, state, and local COVID-19 safety protocols and vaccination requirements. As such, employment at SWCA is contingent upon providing proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or being granted an approved vaccination exemption before starting at SWCA.
SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.