This listing has expired.
Sea Turtle Conservancy (STC) announces an opening for Station Manager of its Biological Field Station at Tortuguero, Costa Rica. STC’s Tortuguero Biological Field Station is home of the longest-continuous sea turtle research and protection program in the world. Spanning over 60 years, the program at Tortuguero is monitoring and protecting one of the largest green turtle rookeries in the world; providing intense field research training to young biologists; and is a global model for volunteer eco-tourism.
Qualifications, Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in public relations, hospitality, eco-tourism, facilities management or similar field.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is required.
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills.
- Good communications and public relations skills.
- Basic office and computer skills for record keeping and report writing.
- Willingness to work hands-on to get the job done.
- A dedication to the mission of STC.
- Ability to manage and motivate people in a challenging tropical environment set within a laid back Caribbean culture.
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to converse with and relate to a range of people from media to scientists to general sea turtle enthusiasts.
- Ability to work independently, with little direct supervision.
- Someone who leads by example and always maintains a professional attitude.
- First aid/CPR training (can be provided by STC).
- Experience in retail management and/or environmental education.