This listing has expired.
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Select the appropriate:
☐ Replacement due to an employee leaving;
☒ New Position;
☐ Maternity leave replacement;
☐ To deliver on the existing project [name];
☐ Short fixed term position to fulfill an immediate need, to [enter contract end date].
Job Function: Staff Position
Location: Amsterdam, London
Deadline: 26th July 2019
Reports to: Sector Lead, Cocoa
Department: Markets, Markets Transformation – Sectors
Status (Full-time / part-time (with hours)): 32-40 hours
The Strategic Account Manager – Trader is responsible for managing key global trader relationships that are core to advancing our mission impact in the cocoa, coffee and other key commodities as appropriate sectors.
In this capacity s/he is responsible for developing account strategy in line with sector plans to facilitate advancement of these plans. S/he is also responsible for positioning Rainforest Alliance as a sustainability partner adding value to the sustainability ambitions of these organizations, to be able to leverage opportunities for advancing impact.
- Build and implement an overall trader strategy for cocoa, coffee and other key commodities as appropriate, in collaboration with the sector leads, market departments and broader organization where relevant;
- Build specific account strategy and plans for key trader relationships in the sectors department to maximize opportunity for growth and impact;
- Manage relationships with these partners;
- Oversee implementation of account strategy and related initiatives throughout the markets team and wider organization to deliver on commitments and further the opportunities for collaboration;
- Regularly meeting with corporate partner contacts, from executive to specialist departments, to review progress against commitments, investigate opportunities for further collaboration and proactively address sector and supply chain risks;
- Collaborate with other departments to understand developments in the sectors, innovative tailored offerings and best practices across regions, to provide account partner with up to date opportunities and to position Rainforest Alliance as a key leader in the sustainability sector;
- Build a strong relationship with the relevant stakeholders within the key global traders to be abreast of the client’s sustainability strategy and any opportunities this strategy provides
- Oversee the range of initiatives Rainforest Alliance implements with the key global traders
- Share account strategy and information with the account team representatives in Core Markets and Customer Experience as well as other touchpoints internally
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Business Economics or related
- 7+ years of experience in corporates in supply chain or sustainability or equivalent experience in managing large volume key accounts in the sector in question
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a commodity trader within trading, data and analytics or sustainability departments, or as a commodity trader at a global manufacturer or brand
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness & ability to travel up to 20% of time
Commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
NL – Please send your application (max. 1 page motivation, max 2 page resume) no later than July 26th to [email protected] mentioning Strategic Account manager in the subject line. For questions about this position, please contact Estelle Augustyn via +31 20 5308000 or [email protected].
Only candidates authorized to work in The Netherlands and in UK will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.