This listing has expired.
Summer Camp Teacher Naturalists are responsible for implementation of hands-on, nature-connected education at our 54-acre site, adjacent to the Yellowstone River. Participant ages range from Kindergarten to 9th grade, divided into age-specific groups. Summer Camp Teacher Naturalists must be comfortable leading and managing groups of campers in the outdoors and helping them connect with the natural world.
- Develop and implement curriculum for weekly themed camps.
- Co-teach and collaborate with other staff members.
- Learn and teach about local Montana natural history.
- Safely manage program participants in an outdoor environment.
- Participate in daily, weekly, and seasonal cleaning/maintenance procedures to keep everything in working order.
- Be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Self-motivation and flexibility are required.
- Have the ability to collaborate with members of a team as well as work independently.
- Have some experience working with children.
- Be able to spend 90% of teaching time outdoors.
- Tentative dates: June 1st to August 10th
- $11/hour pay rate
- 25+ hour work week, with possibility of long-term hire
- Can be used for academic credit or internship hours (approval of institution needed)