This listing has expired.
Field Studies Council is one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council (FSC).
Located on the Isle of Cumbrae on the Firth of Clyde, FSC Millport has a rich history as a marine research station. Since becoming a field centre, purpose-built accommodation and teaching spaces have been created to provide an excellent base for a range of courses. The Centre is easily reached in just 10 minutes by ferry from the mainland at Largs.
Technician and Education Support Officer
FSC Millport, Isle of Cumbrae, North Ayrshire
Up to £19,189 per annum plus benefits
Full Ti me 37.5 hours per week (annualised)
Accommodation is available with this post.
Overall Job purpose:
You will be responsible for the overall maintenance, cleaning and preparation of equipment used by visiting groups as well as assisting with the day-to-day supervision of volunteers, research placements and work experience students, and supporting the education team with the delivery of some courses.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensuring that the field equipment and workroom apparatus (such as microscopes) are maintained, prepared and made ready for use by visiting groups
- Liaising with and supporting visiting university, secondary and primary groups on a daily basis to ensure we are best able to meet their needs
- Assisting with the day-to-day supervision of volunteers and work experience students within the grounds and buildings, to include setting rotas and allocating tasks, and ensuring that these tasks have been completed effectively
- Supporting activities in the aquarium and nearby environment
We ask that you have –
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays – 29 days inc bank holidays (increases with length of service – up to 5 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance & Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
- Accommodation and food during working hours can be provided on a chargeable basis
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Alex MacFie on 01475 531420 or email email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 30 January 2022.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we’re in receipt of sufficient applications.
Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Interviews will be held at FSC Millport, Isle of Cumbrae in the week commencing 10 February 2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.