Practical Project delivery in Hounslow with flexible office location.
The post will be administered from/based the ETNA Community Centre in Twickenham, although there is the potential for flexible working to perform administrative tasks from home.
28 hours per week
Salary: £15423 plus London weighting of £3104 (0.8 FTE)
Please note: this role is offered for six months on a fixed term contract.
The Conservation Volunteers – The Community Volunteering Charity
Every day TCV works across the UK to create healthier and happier communities for everyone – communities where our activities have a lasting impact on people’s health, prospects and outdoor places.
London’s River Crane – Reclaiming the Riverside
TCV and partners have been awarded a grant from the Government’s £40 million second round of the Green Recovery Challenge Fund, a multi-million pound boost for green jobs and nature recovery. TCV’s ‘Reclaiming the Riverside’ will restore the green corridor along the River Crane at Cranford, West London, revitalising 3km of riverside and adjoining habitat and putting the diverse local community at the heart of delivery.
The Lower Crane at Cranford, immediately east of Heathrow Airport, is badly affected by habitat degradation, fly tipping and invasive species. This land will be restored, expanding the urban wildlife corridor and connecting higher quality patches of priority habitat along the riverside including nature reserves downstream.
We are inviting applications from people who would like to take on a supportive role in this exciting project to gain practical experience in nature conservation and project delivery. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of this project on the ground, bringing the community together and delivering against the ambitious project plan.
The role will require:
- Supporting the Senior Project Officer in the delivery of project objectives
- Regular work over weekends
- Frequent river work, as well as supporting volunteers in river work
- Supporting a local team in the delivery of practical activities.
- Assisting and guiding volunteers on tasks and projects.
- Assisting in the planning of projects, including helping to prepare risk assessments, and obtaining materials for the projects.
- Completing administrative duties to support projects.
- Maintaining safe working practices, including adherence to TCV Covid-19 guidance as may be applicable.
- Experience of leading and managing groups desirable.
- Experience in supporting volunteers desirable.
- Planning and implementing practical projects and events desirable.
- Experience in representing an organisation.
- Good computer proficiency and literacy.
- Full UK Driving Licence is desirable but not essential
A bit more about us:
We recognise that each community and the people living there have different needs. Whether improving wellbeing, conserving a well-loved outdoor space or bringing people together to promote social cohesion and combat loneliness, TCV works together with communities to deliver practical solutions to the real life challenges they face.
For over 50 years we have adapted our work with volunteers to reflect the changing needs of communities in the UK and, by giving people a sense of purpose and belonging, we have empowered them to take control of their lives and outdoor spaces for the benefit of all.
Whilst our activities vary, our inclusive approach has remained consistent; bringing people and places together to create happy, healthy and connected communities for everyone.
Join in, Feel good.
For further information and to apply, please visit www.tcv.org.uk. Alternatively, email Judith Ressler on email@example.com or call 01302 388878.
Closing date for completed applications: Friday 8 July at 5 PM
Interview date: TBC at: Online
Return completed application form to Judith Ressler at firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Conservation Volunteers
Every day TCV works across the UK to create healthier and happier communities for everyone - communities where our activities have a lasting impact on people's health, prospects and outdoor places.