“Working with young people to share our passion and knowledge to inspire our future scientists, environmentalists, conservationists, campaigners, teachers, global citizens…” FSC Tutor.
FSC wants to create a world where everyone feels connected to the environment so they can enjoy the benefits it gives and make choices that help protect it. We offer a range of field studies courses to visiting groups across our centres based all over the UK in stunning locations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Tutor to lead and engage groups of all abilities, with previous knowledge and experience of teaching or tutoring in the great outdoors; to educate about our amazing environment. We’re looking for someone educated to degree level in Science, Geography, Environmental Studies, Maths or a closely allied discipline, also experienced in producing and preparing teaching resources and can use interactive whiteboards, GiS, presentation software and spreadsheets. You will be working on-site at this beautiful location, working with likeminded people who have a great team ethic.
FSC Epping Forest, Essex
Up to £21,197 per annum plus benefits
37.5hpw Permanent, Annualised.
Residential accommodation may be available.
Using your creative talents, you will –
- Develop and deliver out-of-classroom learning experiences to a wide-ranging audience of formal and informal educational groups
- Ensure that – where appropriate – programmes have relevance to the National Curriculum for England and Wales and Awarding Body Specifications
- Effectively integrate ICT into pre-planned activities (GIS, Excel, Smartboards and PowerPoints)
- Ensuring all resources (including shared resources) are prepared and available for the activity
- Producing plans for activities, identifying appropriate learning outcomes and liaising wit h accompanying staff to ensure programmes meet their requirements.
- Identifying individual learning needs and planning and adapting courses to meet the needs of learners, and responding to the needs of the group by changing the pace and/or style of delivery as appropriate
- Contributing fully to the development of new teaching activities, including taking a lead role within some areas and effectively sharing and communicating ideas within the teaching team.
To be successful in this role you should demonstrate:
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability t o work under pressure and prioritise work to! meet tig! ht deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
For the full Job Description please see the vacancy pack when you click to apply.
If you are interested in joining an internationally respected organisation where there are brilliant opportunities for informal and formal self-development, training, and learning and where you will be sharing your passion, with colleagues, customers, and enthusing people of all ages about the natural world and helping to protect it please register your interest via this link – indicating which Centre/Centres would be suitable.
This closes for application on Sunday 15th August 2021.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we’re in receipt of sufficient applications.
Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Candidates will be contacted by telephone/email