FSC Margam Discovery Centre, Nr Port Talbot
Up to £21,197 per annum plus benefits
37.5hpw Permanent, Annualised.
We currently have three positions available. For the right candidate a flexible term-time only position (with different hours of work and pro-rata salary) may be considered: this possibility can be discussed further at interview.
“Working with young people to share our passion and knowledge to inspire our future scientists, environmentalists, conservationists, campaigners, teachers, global citizens…” FSC Tutor.
FSC wants to create a world where everyone feels connected to the environment so they can enjoy the benefits it gives and make choices that help protect it. We offer a range of field studies courses to visiting groups across our centres based all over the UK in stunning locations. For further details click here.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Tutor to lead and engage groups of all abilities, with previous knowledge and experience of teaching or tutoring in the great outdoors; to educate about our amazing environment. We’re looking for someone educated to degree level in Science, Geography, Environmental Studies, Maths or a closely allied discipline, also experienced in producing and preparing teaching resources and can use interactive whiteboards, GiS, presentation software and spreadsheets. You will be working on-site at this beautiful location, working with likeminded people who have a great team ethic.
Using your creative talents, you will –
- Develop and deliver out-of-classroom learning experiences to a wide-ranging audience of formal and informal educational groups
- Ensure that – where appropriate – programmes have relevance to the National Curriculum for England and Wales and A warding Body Specifications
- Effectively integrate ICT into pre-planned activities (GIS, Excel, Smartboards and PowerPoints)
- Ensuring all resources (including shared resources) are prepared and available for the activity
- Producing plans for activities, identifying appropriate learning outcomes and liaising with accompanying staff to ensure programmes meet their requirements.
- Identifying individual learning needs and planning and adapting courses to meet the needs of learners, and responding to the needs of the group by changing the pace and/or style of delivery as appropriate
- Contributing fully to the development of new teaching activities, including taking a lead role within some areas and effectively sharing and communicating ideas within the teaching team.
To be successful in this role you should demonstrate: < /strong>
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
For the full Job Description please see the vacancy pack when you click to apply
If you are interested in joining an internationally respected organisation where there are brilliant opportunities for informal and forma l self-development, training, and learning and where you will be sharing your passion, with colleagues, customers, and enthusing people of all ages about the natural world and helping to protect it please register your interest via this link.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 midnight on Wednesday 3 November 2021.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Margam Discovery Centre in the week commencing 8 November 2021.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.