Junior Communications Officer
CTC is a non-profit organization based in Bali with a regional scope and global impact. It aims to transform marine resource management and safeguards the future of the Coral Triangle by working closely with local communities, the private sector, governments, and other partners to shape lasting solutions to protect coral reef ecosystems, ensure sustainable livelihoods and food security.
CTC comprises of core departments such as Training and Learning, Field learning Sites, and Learning Networks & Forum Development. CTC aims to expand its outreach and impact by developing a Center for Marine Conservation in Bali which will serve as a center of excellence for marine conservation training programs and outreach activities and a venue for artistic and cultural performances, to influence approximately 1.5 million people by 2024 to protect and care for the oceans and those that depend on it.
The Junior Communications Officer will play a strategic role in ensuring the development of high quality and technically sound communication materials for external and internal audiences. He/she will work closely with the Regional Communications Coordinator to ensure that CTC’s communication products support the overall mission and vision of the organization while catering to the specific audience and stakeholders of each department.
The Junior Communications Officer will also play a key role in managing CTC’s social media platforms and help broaden its social media presence to a wider audience. He/she will also support CTC’s outreach and community activities to further spread the message of marine conservation to a wider audience.
- Should have a University Degree in a related field.
- Experience in developing and producing communications products i.e. videos, posters, brochures, newsletters.
- Familiar with marine conservation issues in Indonesia and the Coral Triangle.
- Good communications and inter personal skills.
- Trustworthy, attention to detail with high degree of accuracy and organized in work.
- Ability to meet set target and to work independently and in a team setting.
- Good level ability to communicate in English, both spoken and in written.
- Proficiency in various design, communication, and social media software and applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing outreach and communication products for CTC’s departments i.e. Training and Learning, Learning Sites,Regional Learning Networks and Center for Marine Conservation.
- Write, develop, and produce CTC’s Monthly E—newsletter.
- Develop content and help manage CTC’s social media channels
- Support the development of a strategy to increase CTC’s social media followers
- Assist in CTC’s community outreach activities and events.
- Assist in translating communication materials from English to Bahasa Indonesia and vice versa
- Assist in managing CTC’s website
- Support the development of CTC’s communications database.
The position will be based in Bali. Evening and weekend work to achieve program goals may be required.
Please send your CV and application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Closing date for application: 31 January 2022)