The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to prevent cruelty, promote kindness and alleviate the suffering of all animals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Nurse to join our team at Greater Manchester Animal Hospital on a permanent full time basis. At the hospital you will carry out nursing duties to a unique variety of animal welfare cases predominantly cats, dogs and wildlife species.
We are looking for someone who is confident, works well under pressure and is self motivated to work independently without constant supervision.
Greater Manchester Animal Hospital is a vibrant hospital teeming with people and animals alike, the Hospital can accommodate around 100 animals at any one time, providing a 24 hour veterinary service for sick or injured animals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Emergency and critical care nursing, including primary triage
- Working with the RSPCA Inspectorate to protect, treat and care for animals in severe welfare need
- The role is focused on direct medical and surgical patient care, utilising your nursing capabilities in both medical and surgical roles
What you’ll have:
- Either a Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing or a Degree in Veterinary Nursing
- Registration with the RCVS
- Good communication skills
- A professional approach to veterinary nursing and clinical care
- Self motivation and be able to manage your own time
- The ability to demonstrate teamwork with veterinary animal centre and Inspectorate colleagues
What’s in it for you:
You’ll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees’ contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
35 hours standard working week, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days with service; a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme; access to private healthcare scheme; support for professional development after qualifying period and access to our employee assistance programme.
How to apply:
To apply, please complete our online application form quoting reference VN0920 by the closing date 10am Friday 8th October 2021.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the advert early once sufficient submissions are received.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing team.