This listing has expired.
The Open Space Institute, with a staff of 60, (OSI) protects scenic, natural and historic landscapes to ensure public enjoyment, conserve habitats, and sustain community character. OSI achieves its goals through land acquisition, conservation easements, loan and grant programs, creative partnerships, and analytical research.
Design and publish compelling organization-wide visual communications and marketing materials for internal and external audiences, including publications, donor outreach, and news media, through print and web-based materials; and social media platforms. Manage production of printed materials, including reports, fundraising documents and signage.
Responsible for the design and production of online and web-based communications, from planning stages through final product; Manage content and visuals to publish Annual Report and OSI Newsletter, On the Ground; coordinate with writers, copy editors, photographers, and designers; manage print vendors; ensure quality and consistency of messaging, brand graphics, and editorial standards; develop infographics. Develop department calendars for deadlines and manage budget and contracts; oversee vendors. Maintain OSI brand standards.
Help manage content for www.openspaceinstitute.org using various web platforms; produce monthly e-newsletter: develop and design content to promote OSI’s work.
ONLINE E-NEWSLETTERS, SPECIAL FOCUS E-NEWSLETTERS, AND ONLINE PROGRAM PROJECTS
Conceptualize visual content for both monthly e-newsletters and quarterly thematic e-newsletters. Manage and produce organization’s year-end summaries as part of multi-faceted development fundraising campaign. List maintenance: work with program staff to update email list. Coordinate with offline mailing lists; Maintain targeted emails for over 50 specialized groups.
Manage OSI’s visual library. Maintain photography assets; Manage arrangements for staff to contract with photographers; Maintain organized photo resource library.
Design and production for event collateral, such as the Annual Luncheon invitations, program, and collateral print materials; coordinate online ticketing and publicity though the website; Promote and produce collateral for other events such as place-based fundraising and cultivation events.
REQUIRED SKILLS/CORE COMPETENCIES
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Competent in CRM Website platforms.
- Experience with social media, marketing, and promotion
- Familiarity with basic HTML (formatting for web design)
- Project Management: ability to prioritizing projects and work to reasonable deadlines and plan accordingly
- Experience overseeing the production of print materials
- Strong computer skills, including a mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work cordially and professionally with staff at all levels
- Well-organized self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team, is detail oriented, and flexible
- Experience with SalsaLabs a plus
- Cartography and photography experience is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing/communications experience
- Experience with online communications, social media, and campaigns is highly desirable
- Undergraduate degree is required, preferably in related field such as Design, Communications, or Marketing;
Frequently sits for long periods of time
Frequently speaks, reads, writes, and uses a computer keyboard
May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, bending, moving files
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job posting and your salary expectations along with your resume. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Applicants are also invited to share links to relevant examples of their work.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they come in with a deadline of November 30, 2021.
You will receive an acknowledgement once your application has been submitted.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits, including paid time off and paid holidays.
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and is actively recruiting a diverse workforce. Land conservation benefits all people. Our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of all genders, diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value