When joining this volunteer project in beautiful Spain, you will have the chance to contribute to different conservation projects in the Valencia region. Gain fundamental knowledge of Spain’s wildlife and support the conservation of the region, safeguarding the natural, cultural and aesthetic worth of the landscape!
This volunteer programme unfolds its work on two project sites in Spain: Valencia and Denia.
In Valencia, it is mostly active within the Albufera nature reserve, a wetland area as beautiful as it is ecologically significant. As a volunteer you will actively contribute to conserving and safeguarding this unique habitat. You and your fellow team members will learn how to protect this unique natural heritage how to reduce the environmental impact of agriculture and tourism through active conservation of the countryside. Some of your core tasks in Valencia will be conserving ecologically important habitats in the Valencia region, removing invasive foreign vegetation, protecting and conserving sand dune systems, beaches and other ecosystems, safeguarding turtles, studying the flora and fauna, collecting data and quantifying populations, preserving and regenerating the habitats of bird species and helping with reforestation with native plant species.
The second conservation project is based in the fishing port of Denia. It aims at protecting marine ecosystems on Cape San Antonio. You will work on beautiful beaches in the surrounding area and and work towards the conservation natural areas. Your core tasks will be monitoring dolphins and seabirds, studying and collecting data about animal and plant life of the coastal and marine ecosystems, maintaining and restoring these ecosystems, protecting and conserving wetland areas and safeguarding turtles.
As a volunteer you will gain fundamental knowledge of working to protect the environment. You will take part in numerous research projects, which will give you the chance to experience the region’s unique wildlife up close.
During your time in the project you are accommodated in a fully equipped apartment in the city of Valencia of Denia. It is up to you whether you live in a shared accommodation or in a single room, if available. The houses are well connected to public transport, so it’s easy to get around in the city or to visit other places.
“My expectations were definitely exceeded! Being part of the project was such a wonderful experience and the work we did was manifold and interesting.” (Vicky, 20 years)
Dates, Service, Cost
Valencia 2019: 27.10., 10.11., 24.11.
Valencia 2020: 12.01., 26.01., 09.02., 23.02., 08.03., 22.03., 05.04., 26.04., 10.05., 24.05., 07.06., 21.06., 05.07., 19.07., 06.09., 20.09., 04.10., 18.10., 01.11., 15.11., 29.11.
Denia 2020: 31.05., 14.06., 28.06., 12.07., 26.07., 09.08., 23.08.
- Placement in the project
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Assistance with selecting travel insurance
- Assistance with booking flights
- Pre-departure information pack
- Airport pick up
- Accommodation during the project
- Transport to the project
- On-site orientation and project training
- Project-related equipment
- English-speaking support by long-term experienced staff
- 24/7-support throughout the project
- 2 weeks – single room: 950 EUR | double room: 870 EUR
- 4 weeks – single room: 1.500 EUR | double room: 1.330 EUR
- 6 weeks – single room: 2.020 EUR | double room: 1.790 EUR
- 8 weeks – single room: 2.540 EUR | double room: 2.250 EUR
- 2 weeks – single room: 1.100 EUR | double room: 1115 EUR
- 4 weeks – single room: 1.730 EUR | double room: 1.555 EUR
- 6 weeks – single room: 2.360 EUR | double room: 2.095 EUR
- 8 weeks – single room: 2.990 EUR | double room: 2.635 EUR
Important note for booking a double room: double rooms can only be booked by volunteers travelling together.