Please note: This role is part of the kickstarter programme and people can only apply if they have been referred by their job centre work coach. People interested in the role must be unemployed, on universal credit and aged 16-24. If they are eligible and interested, they should speak to their work coach and ask for a referral.
Cheshire Wildlife Trust is a grassroots conservation charity with a mission to bring wildlife back – for everyone, everywhere. We are part of a nationwide movement of the 47 Wildlife Trusts working locally and influencing nationally. We work to protect wildlife through better management of the outdoors and work to connect people to nature so more people act on nature’s behalf. Within our nature connection work our Wellbeing with Nature programme connects those experiencing poor health or furthest from the job market to reach their goals. This role will support the delivery of the 6 week Wellbeing with Nature programme.
This role will be supporting the facilitators delivering the programme to:
- Support the development of vulnerable adults to reach their goals
- Support the creative delivery of sessions
- Support the delivery of volunteer for nature tasks which may involve
- Practical conservation tasks
- Habitat management
- Creating animal feeders or homes
- Species surveying
- Collect baseline and ongoing monitoring by supporting participants to complete surveys
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- 9 GCSE’s
- Further education focussed on healthcare, environment, wildlife, wellbeing or similar relevant topic.
- Divers license and access to a vehicle with business insurance
- Experience engaging with disadvantaged or vulnerable adults
- Experience engaging with the public
- Enjoys being outdoors
- A passion for the benefit the outdoors can have on wellbeing
- Reliable, proactive, passionate and able to use initiative
- Friendly, fun, creative and approachable in nature
Cheshire Wildlife Trust are recruiting a Kickstarter role to support the Wellbeing team.
This is a 6 month role working 25 hours a week helping our Go Wild Get Fit project with online and on-site delivery and supporting the wider team with associated admin. This role is a fantastic stepping stone to a wider role within conservation or wellbeing whilst gaining experience within a leading local conservation charity.
The Wellbeing Trainee will be supported with a range of training and support from ourselves and Springboard to support further career development. Applicants must have a driving license and access to a vehicle with business insurance.
Please see below for further information about this role. To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Emma Raine, email@example.com (please note conditions of application outlined above)