This listing has expired.
NHBS is looking for a Wildlife Equipment Specialist to join our busy Wildlife Equipment team in our office in Totnes. The successful applicant will work with other wildlife equipment team members running the equipment business and providing technical advice to customers, as well as working alongside the Sales & Marketing team to generate new content, identify potential new customers and strengthen relationships with existing customers.
- Customer support – you will provide advice and support to customers on our wide range of equipment
- Product range – you will help source new products, prepare product descriptions, create images and monitor product performance
- Marketing – you will help to prepare marketing materials including blog posts and emails
- Sales – you will support the sales and marketing team by building relationships with new and existing customers
- Identifying new customers – you will help identify potential new customers and then work out the best way to contact them
- Purchasing – you will deal with queries about products and pricing, requests for information and supplier returns
- Customer relations – you will contact customers by phone and occasionally in person to offer information about our products and services
- Conference Attendance – you will represent NHBS at conferences across the UK and Europe, taking along a stand with our products and getting to know our customers
- A strong interest in and good practical knowledge of natural history and ecology, and the equipment that people use to survey, study and enjoy it
- A good telephone manner and outstanding written communication skills
- Outgoing and confident – you will be comfortable talking to a wide range of people including academics, consultants, teachers and members of the public
- Numeracy skills, the ability to confidently use basic maths and spreadsheets
- Above all, we value a common-sense approach, critical thinking and a willingness to learn new skills
- An undergraduate degree in a related field and the ability to work to a consistently high standard
- A second language in addition to English
- Full UK driving licence
Our offer to you:
This permanent position is available immediately. Salary: £18,250 p.a., based on a 37.5 hour week Monday – Friday, with the position attracting 28 days holiday p.a, including bank holidays, up to three paid days of conservation volunteering p.a. and a generous company pension.
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter with your CV by the 31st January 2020 to Steve Powell, Equipment Manager at [email protected].
Founded in 1985, NHBS Ltd (www.nhbs.com) is a world leader in supplying natural history, ecology and conservation books and ecological survey equipment to institutions, retailers, companies, and private customers around the world. In addition to the retail business, NHBS manufactures equipment in an on-site workshop and publishes two magazines. We are based in Totnes, South Devon, right next to the river Dart, halfway between Dartmoor and the coast.
NHBS is passionate about making a positive environmental impact – our core purpose is to support those who work to understand, protect and conserve the natural environment.
The successful candidate will be joining a diverse and friendly workforce of 45 staff.