This listing has expired.
Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) invites applications from postgraduate degree holders in the Wildlife Sciences/Forestry/Ecology/Environmental Studies with 2-3 years’ experience, to work in the D’ering-Dibru Saikhowa Elephant Link Project in Assam-Arunachal Pradesh Landscape.
Who we’re looking for
As our Field Officer-Biologist, you will be responsible for day-to-day implementation of the programmatic activities and in project development, reporting, data management and analysis.
Before applying, please ensure that you meet our requirements:
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the field of Wildlife Biology, Forestry Sciences, Wildlife and Nature Conservation/Research projects will be desirable.
- Post-graduate degree in disciplines such as Wildlife Sciences/Forestry/Ecology/Environmental Studies or equivalent.
- Experience in working in the area of wildlife conservation and remote areas
- Knowledge of ecological sampling, analysis and interpretation. Candidates with working knowledge of Forestry are preferred.
- Experience in ecological monitoring and fieldwork. Working knowledge of analytical software like R, GIS is preferable.
- Ability to multi-task and ability to create and work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Candidates with robust communication skills in the local language will be preferred.
Broad responsibilities include
- Habitat restoration activities in the project Landscape
- Bio-diversity assessment and assessing wildlife movement in the elephant corridor
- Analysis of data and all field reports, photographic, documentation, submission for data etc as per the requirement of the project and Regional Head
- Responsible for all field level governmental and partner liaison at appropriate levels and local public relation needs in consultation with the Project Lead.
- Responsible for acting as the on-site representative of WTI (at particular level) and to ensure that the image of WTI as a conservation action organization operating in the field is maintained at all times.
- Responsible for maintenance of all assets of the organization in the area of activity