Latest Careers Advice
Kirsty Shakespeare is the head of the Traidhos Barge Program in Bangkok, Thailand which aims to educate and connect people with their environment and raise awareness of environmental issues. In this interview Kirsty talks about what her role entails, how she got to where she is and her advice for others. Can you start by
Is money holding you back from conservation internships or volunteering? Does conservation seem like a field for the elite? What if you could get the experience you need to break into conservation without breaking the bank? In this free webinar from Conservation Careers, Dr Nick Askew and Kristi Foster bust the myth that conservationists should
Madison Stewart, AKA Shark Girl Madison is a woman on a mission to save the ocean’s most misunderstood inhabitants: sharks. She was 2019’s Australian Geographic Society’s Young Conservationist of the Year. She’s been campaigning for over ten years. She’s been successful at lobbying the government to shut down shark fisheries. She’s helped stop supermarkets from
Do you yearn for adventure? Do you enjoy discovering hidden corners of the globe and enjoy spending time immersed in nature? Then you will love the British Exploring Society. It is an amazing organisation that takes young people to extraordinary destinations, both in terms of the places they visit and also in their own lives.
Effective Communication for Conservationists Has this ever happened to you? You began a conversation, interview or meeting with a great outcome in mind, but left feeling like you made a bad impression or missed an opportunity? Wouldn’t it be great if you could sharpen your skills to navigate any conversation effectively? In this webinar from
The Monteverde Butterfly Gardens in Costa Rica have been teaching people about Costa Rica’s insects and arachnids for over 20 years. On a mission to change the way people think about small, misunderstood creatures, they host tours and offer 10-week internships for people who want to learn how to convey scientific and conservation knowledge. In
Owl Membership Contents
Job Seeker Package
- Access all Job Vacancies - Click here to get access to hundreds of new jobs each month. To search jobs using a map (slower loading) click here.
- Get Careers Advice - Read hundreds of Careers Advice articles and interviews here.
- Create Personal Job Alerts - Don't let jobs slip you by. Click here to create bespoke job alerts sent right to your inbox.
- Bookmark Jobs & add notes - Like the look of a job? Save it for later and add notes by clicking here.
- Use Internet Jobs Search Portal - Click here to use one single search bar you can access thousands of the very latest conservation jobs from across the web in milliseconds.
- Enjoy 20% off WildTeam Training! We work closely with WildTeam UK to give conservationists skills to design and deliver amazing conservation projects that help to save more wildlife. As a trusted partner we're delighted to offer a 20% discount on their workshops and online courses which run throughout the year.
- Workshops - Learn skills that will transform what you can do as a wildlife conservationist and benefit from a vibrant training workshop environment. The interactive class-based environment means you will also gain new friends and contacts that will be with you throughout your career. Click to here to find out more.
- Online Training - Join others from around the world getting certified in key conservation skills through our online, expert-lead courses. Click here to find out more.
- To secure your 20% discount on WildTeam UK training, all you have to do is click this link and fill in the form.
CV Promotion Package
- Add CV to our Talent Pool - Get noticed by employers by uploading your CV or Resume here.
- Twitter Broadcast Option - Want an extra boost? Email us and ask for a CV shout out on Twitter to our 15,000 followers. Email us at [email protected] with your suggested Tweet.
Career Academy Package - Upgrade to Lion Membership to access the following
- 12-week Career Bootcamp - Designed to increase your chances of success, our course has been based on the experience of hundreds of professional conservationists, from around the world.
- Download Career eBook - Jam-packed with honest, accurate and useful advice for those seeking to conserve the environment through their work.
- Access the support forum - Have a question to ask?
Get Extra Help
- Job Application Support – Get help with your CVs, Cover Letters and Application Forms here.
- Interview Preparation - So you've got an interview - congratulations! Get in touch if you'd like help preparing for it with a practice interview from Conservation Careers.
- Account Details - Edit your username, password, view past invoices and more here.
- Membership Level - Change your membership level here.
- Cancel Membership - Click here to cancel your membership.