Latest Careers Advice
Adventurer at heart: exploring the marine world with Lindblad Expeditions and National Geographic’s Alyssa Adler
If you think dream jobs don’t exist, read no further. There are limitless reasons to set aside our true passions: the job market is too poor, competition is too fierce (surely no one can acquire that many degrees and that much experience by age 25?) and social pressure cautions us against idealistic pursuits. Safe decisions
I recently met Neil Aldridge under unforeseen circumstances, but the passion, the drive and the commitment that pours out of Neil when he talks about conservation issues is inspirational. Neil spent much of his early career volunteering and working with conservation organisations such as The Wildlife Trust, The Galapagos Conservation Trust and Natural England. However
With responsibility for conservation programmes and partnerships in Madagascar, Mozambique, the Comoros, Belize and Timor-Leste, Frances Humber, Conservation Programmes Manager, Blue Ventures is the London-based ‘fixer’ who makes sure that projects are on track, looking after the critical behind-the-scenes work of providing technical support to staff in the field and managing relationships with funders. Having completed
Spanish native Kike Calvo, National Geographic Expeditions photography expert, award-winning photographer and journalist, is now based in New York and represented by National Geographic Creative. Having travelled to over 95 countries to compile a portfolio of environmental and cultural documentary photos, in addition to pioneering the use of small manned aerial systems in photography, it
“When I was studying marine biology people told me, ‘You shouldn’t do that; there are no jobs,’” says Professor Peter Mumby. “And that’s absolute nonsense. When you reflect on all of the things that still need to be done to protect ecosystems, there are jobs for everybody for a long time to come.” Fortunately, Mumby
Olivia Congdon speaks with Toby Malcolm about the International Nature Volunteers. The eternal struggle that accompanies being a conservation volunteer is the financial burden. How frustrating is it when you find that amazing international volunteer project, but then realise that the project fee, on top of travel costs and life expenses, just won’t be feasible? As
Owl Membership Contents
Job Seeker Package
- Access all Job Vacancies - Click here to get access to hundreds of new jobs each month. To search jobs using a map (slower loading) click here.
- Get Careers Advice - Read hundreds of Careers Advice articles and interviews here.
- Create Personal Job Alerts - Don't let jobs slip you by. Click here to create bespoke job alerts sent right to your inbox.
- Bookmark Jobs & add notes - Like the look of a job? Save it for later and add notes by clicking here.
- Use Internet Jobs Search Portal - Click here to use one single search bar you can access thousands of the very latest conservation jobs from across the web in milliseconds.
- Enjoy 20% off WildTeam Training! We work closely with WildTeam UK to give conservationists skills to design and deliver amazing conservation projects that help to save more wildlife. As a trusted partner we're delighted to offer a 20% discount on their workshops and online courses which run throughout the year.
- Workshops - Learn skills that will transform what you can do as a wildlife conservationist and benefit from a vibrant training workshop environment. The interactive class-based environment means you will also gain new friends and contacts that will be with you throughout your career. Click to here to find out more.
- Online Training - Join others from around the world getting certified in key conservation skills through our online, expert-lead courses. Click here to find out more.
- To secure your 20% discount on WildTeam UK training, all you have to do is click this link and fill in the form.
CV Promotion Package
- Add CV to our Talent Pool - Get noticed by employers by uploading your CV or Resume here.
- Twitter Broadcast Option - Want an extra boost? Email us and ask for a CV shout out on Twitter to our 15,000 followers. Email us at [email protected] with your suggested Tweet.
Career Academy Package - Upgrade to Lion Membership to access the following
- 12-week Career Bootcamp - Designed to increase your chances of success, our course has been based on the experience of hundreds of professional conservationists, from around the world.
- Download Career eBook - Jam-packed with honest, accurate and useful advice for those seeking to conserve the environment through their work.
- Access the support forum - Have a question to ask?
Get Extra Help
- Job Application Support – Get help with your CVs, Cover Letters and Application Forms here.
- Interview Preparation - So you've got an interview - congratulations! Get in touch if you'd like help preparing for it with a practice interview from Conservation Careers.
- Account Details - Edit your username, password, view past invoices and more here.
- Membership Level - Change your membership level here.
- Cancel Membership - Click here to cancel your membership.