Start your career in conservation and gain vital skills to boost your CV
- When: 14th-17th September, 2018 inclusive
- Where: Preston Montford Field Centre, Shropshire, SY4 1DX
- Who for: Conservation jobseekers, career switchers, career explorers.
Overview: The Conservation Career Starter
Give your conservation career a huge boost with a special four-day training course designed to increase your chances of employment within the competitive conservation sector.
Get your career on track with the Conservation Careers Kick-starter designed to help you understand the job market, to navigate your career options, and to get hired more quickly. You'll leave with a personal career plan which will get your career on track.
In addition, stand out from the crowd and get certified in Project Management for Wildlife Conservation (Foundation and Intermediate theory, and Trackers and Reports) from the experts at WildTeam UK.
With Conservation Careers, you will ...
The experts from Conservation Careers will help you to develop a personal career plan to guide you on your conservation job hunt and make you super-competitive. This includes:
- Getting a detailed understanding of the conservation job market and working through a series of tasks designed to help you identify the right job for you.
- Identifying the education, knowledge and experience you need for your chosen job, and how to fill any gaps quickly.
- Learning how to successfully apply for a conservation job, including how to write the perfect cover letter and CV.
- Understanding how to deliver a great interview which will get you hired (and how to keep your nerves in check...).
With WildTeam UK, you will ...
Learn how to set up and run your own conservation projects - a much sought-after skill by employers across the sector. This includes how to:
- Create a conservation strategy that is easy to communicate, monitor, adapt and report against.
- Apply principles that keep your project on track with more impact.
- Assign roles to your team to promote clear decision making.
- Break down a project into manageable phases.
- Deal with risks, issues and lessons learned.
- Use standardised templates to help plan, monitor and report on your project work.
Who is the course designed for?
The course is designed for:
- Job-Seekers - Such as under-graduates and post-graduates looking for that first paying role in wildlife conservation.
- Career Switchers - People looking to switch into conservation from a totally different sector, but don’t know where to start and need a helping hand.
- Career Explorers - Those doing an unrelated course or training right now, but feel their passion is in nature conservation. This course will help you to explore your career options and get a clear, actionable plan together to help you pivot and change direction with confidence.
If you want to start working in wildlife conservation, or just would like to know more about what’s involved, this is the course for you!
Welcome to Preston Montford Field Centre, your conservation journey starts here.
This will be your home for four days - 14th-17th September, 2018 inclusive.
Preston Montford Field Centre just a stone's throw away from the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and the historical town of Shrewsbury. Find out more.
Hover over the images below to meet the team.
What people are saying about the course
This course has been exactly what I had hoped it would be. Thanks all so much for your commitment and training. It has been a blast! Charlotte Williams, UK.
Thank you guys for this amazing course. The lost depressed me is no more and I can now head off knowing that if I work hard enough and be tactical to my approach I can do more than I thought. Robyn Caple, UK
A huge thank you to the whole team for all your help and encouragement this weekend. Really appreciated! Aimee Farndale, UK.
I just want to say a big thank you. I found the boot camp really valuable and not only did I learn lots of new things but I feel so positive about my future in such a competitive industry. Georgina Lindsay, UK.
Great experience all round, feel much more motivated and prepared for the future. Ellen Wilson, UK.
Thank you to all at the WildTeam and Conservation Careers who organised the bootcamp, it was great to be apart of. Tomos Eaves, UK.
I want to thank the whole team for such a great experience, you were all very supportive and helpful throughout, and I can't recommend this workshop enough...! Saskia Dahl- Meadows, UK.
Thanks for the boost in confidence and for your obvious commitment to education and conservation! Joe Jeffcoate, UK.
- Course-only - £400
- Course and shared room - £479 (normal price £540!)
- Course and single room - £580
- Exams & Certificate in Project Management - worth £100.
- A years access to the online video modules, and a years full membership of Conservation Careers worth £149.
- Accommodation costs include four nights and days with breakfast, cold lunch, cooked dinner, drinks throughout the day and cake in the afternoon. Bedding and towels are also included.
- Course-only option includes cold lunch, drinks throughout the day and cake in the afternoon.