Conservation Career Starter UK Residential – Enrollment Open
With just 39 days to go till our special UK Conservation Career Starter Residential, we’re busy preparing for the four day retreat, and excited to share that we still have some places available. If you haven’t heard of our Conservation Career Starter Residential, it’s a unique training course jointly-run by Conservation Careers and WildTeam UK designed to increase your chances of employment within the competitive wildlife conservation sector.
It’s being held just outside of London, at the gorgeous Juniper Hall Field Centre, 6-9 April 2019. You can choose to stay on site, and all your meals are included.
This will be the third time we’ve run the course, and the feedback so far has been amazing. We’ve trained 50 people and are delighted with our 100% recommendation and satisfaction ratings from participants. Many of our alumni are now working in conservation thanks to the course.
During the four days you’ll get intensive training and advice to start your career in conservation.
With Conservation Careers you’ll better understand the job market, be guided through your career options, and get the insider techniques that get you hired more quickly. You’ll leave with a personal career plan which will get your career on track. Specifically this includes:
- Getting a detailed understanding of the conservation job market and working through a series of tasks designed to help you identify the right job for you.
- Identifying the education, knowledge and experience you need for your chosen job, and how to fill any gaps quickly.
- Learning how to successfully apply for a conservation job, including how to write the perfect cover letter and CV.
- Understanding how to deliver a great interview which will get you hired (and how to keep your nerves in check…).
- You’ll also get four days mentoring and support from the founder of Conservation Careers, where they can answer any questions you might have.
In addition, you’ll leave being better able to stand out from the crowd with certified training in Project Management for Wildlife Conservation from the experts at WildTeam UK. You’ll learn how to set up and run your own conservation projects – a much sought-after skill by employers across the sector. This includes how to:
- Create a conservation strategy that is easy to communicate, monitor, adapt and report against.
- Apply principles that keep your project on track with more impact.
- Assign roles to your team to promote clear decision making.
- Break down a project into manageable phases.
- Deal with risks, issues and lessons learned.
- Use standardised templates to help plan, monitor and report on your project work.
- Four days mentoring and support from project management guru Beth Robinson at WildTeamUK.
The course is open to anyone who wants to start working in wildlife conservation, or just would like to know more about what’s involved. This includes:
- Job-Seekers – Such as under-graduates and post-graduates looking for that first paying role in wildlife conservation.
- Career Switchers – People looking to switch into conservation from a totally different sector, but don’t know where to start and need a helping hand.
- Career Explorers – Those doing an unrelated course or training right now, but feel their passion is in nature conservation. This course will help you to explore your career options and get a clear, actionable plan together to help you pivot and change direction with confidence.
We’ve kept the costs as low as possible, and included in the enrollment a year’s access to the online video modules, and a year’s full membership of Conservation Careers (worth £149) and the Exam & Certificate in Foundation-Level Project Management (worth £50). If you’re already a member of Conservation Careers, you can also get £35 off by emailing us to ask for a special discount code.
Enrollment closes on 31st March (33 days!) so if you’re interested and would like to know more, please click here.
We look forwards to seeing you there!