Contract type: Permanent
Organisation: Ecology Services Limited
Location: Based in Preston, Lancashire, mainly working throughout the northwest
Salary: 23k up to 28k dependent upon experience
Ecology Services Ltd is seeking an experienced Ecologist to join our ecology team. Established in 2003, we are a busy, broad-based practice, a highly experienced professional consultancy. We work in numerous sectors for a wide range of clients and our projects are interesting and varied.
- Proven track record of working within an ecological consultancy
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of UK planning policy and wildlife legislation
- Competent in carrying out Preliminary Ecological Appraisals – Extended Phase 1 habitat surveys
- Strong fieldwork and report writing skills
- Excellent communicative, team working and organisational skills
- Degree qualification in a relevant subject
- Membership of CIEEM (Eligible for) or other body
- Full driving licence
Higher end salary criteria:
- Expertise in at least one species/group – bats are of particular interest
- One or more Natural England species survey licences
- Track record of completing and obtaining EPSM licences
- Strong botanical identification skills
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to edit colleagues reports and provide feedback, mentoring and supporting other staff (lower grade staff).
Working within our business, you will be supported by our friendly team of highly trained ecologists. You will be provided with excellent training opportunities, both in-house and externally and will receive annual appraisals to aid career progression. We are committed to ensuring a good work life balance.
If you feel that you have the right experience and qualities to join our ecology team, please e-mail your CV, salary expectations and a covering letter explaining why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this role to:
Ecology Services Ltd
Ecology Services Ltd, 1 Church Row Chambers, Longton, Preston, Lancashire, PR4 5PN
For an informal discussion regarding this opportunity please contact: Lyn Eccles-Sargeant, Director on 01772 614932.
Agency enquires will not be considered.
For more details about Ecology Services Ltd, please refer to our website: www.ecologyservicesltd.co.uk
Closing date for applications will be the 30th of December 2021.
Interviews will be held in early January 2021 at our Office.