Once In A Lifetime Opportunity!!!
- Area – UK – Flexible
- REF – JSM 12082
- Salary – Circa £70K Dependant on Experience + Attractive Bens
Can you see yourself at the forefront of Biodiversity Net Gain and Habitat Creation? This is a unique opportunity to join the firm pioneering the most innovative approach to Habitat Creation and Nature Recovery.
JSM are working in partnership with The Environment Bank as they embark on a truly unique and exciting business programme that will change the industry forever. They brought the concept of biodiversity offsetting and net gain through development, to the UK back in 2007.
We are delighted to be handling all the recruitment as they go on this incredible journey.
As part of their ambitious growth strategy, they are seeking a Head of Ecology to play a pivotal role in the business moving forward.
This is your chance to make a real difference in the sector by being a part of this pioneering approach to Biodiversity Net Gain and Natural Capital Credits, resulting in a major Habitat Creation and long-term Management programme.
We are seeking an ambitious individual keen to make a significant contribution to the business and help shape things moving forward. You must be passionate about generating nature conservation at scale that works. You will be able to provide thought and technical leadership to both internal teams and stakeholders alike.
The ideal candidate will possess the drive, the vision and the passion to be able to successfully deliver across the business.
Watch Professor David Hill CBE talk about The Environment Bank and roles available
As a minimum, you should have the following:
Key Core Skills Required
- Minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience.
- Highly commercial track record.
- Significant experience and solid understanding in Biodiversity Net Gain Policy and Biodiversity Metrics.
- Strong initiative for problem-solving and solution setting.
- Ability to provide strategy and leadership.
- Ability to grow and mentor teams of staff.
- Strong influencing skills across multiple sectors.
- Excellent technical capabilities in ecology.
- A good understanding around carbon sequestration and storage relating to habitat creation and management and the role of carbon as an environmental markets asset in association with biodiversity.
- Goal setting and execution.
- Participation in PR and marketing, including regular public speaking.
Location is flexible with regular travel around the UK, including regular trips to Head Office in York.
About this Opportunity
This is a career-defining role for the right individual and one which will shape the industry for years to come.
This pivotal position for the business will require a highly versatile/dynamic individual ready to take on this significant challenge with vigour and enthusiasm.
You will be playing a huge part in helping shape and grow the business moving forward and therefore possess the required mindset for success.
There will be regular travel around the UK, therefore a full driver’s license is essential.
Rewards & Benefits
The Environment Bank offers a highly competitive salary along with a full range of benefits.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join The Environment Bank at this pivotal time in the industry and will see you at the forefront of the market.
You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about this incredible opportunity.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (email@example.com).