This listing has expired.
Eight Associates is looking for a Senior Ecologist to join our award winning team.
Eight Associates has a unique opportunity for a Senior Ecologist to lead the future of our ecology service. You will have the freedom to implement your ideas and flexibility and support to make the role your own whilst being part of our multi-disciplinary team.
A bit about Eight Associates:
- Friendly, award-winning, passionate, energetic team
- Multi-disciplinary sustainability consultancy in the built environment
- Broad range of clients and many exciting new development projects
- Working towards a sustainable future
A bit about the role:
- Shape the future of the ecology service, undertaking all aspects of ecology consultancy
- Manage a portfolio of projects across a range of developments
- Pragmatic approach to habitat and protected species surveys, and a mature technical report writer
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years ecological consultancy experience
- Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Hold at least 3 protected species licences
- Good understanding of UK and EU legislation, planning policy and best practice
- Experience designing and carrying out habitat surveys and protected species surveys in a range of sectors and locations
- Experience managing junior team members
- Experience writing EPS mitigation licences and acting as a Named Ecologist
- Understanding and application of Biodiversity Net Gain and BREEAM 2014 and 2018 ecology reports
- Excellent organisation and project management skills, including financial aspects such as writing fee proposals and submitting invoices
- Able to provide the best possible advice for clients, with an innovative, solutions driven approach
- Ability to build networks, relationships with clients and design teams and present information to groups of professionals
Eight Associates has a unique team ethos and offer a generous benefits package, including a day off on your birthday in addition to the annual leave allowance, free gym membership, a dedicated training budget, regular performance reviews and a profit share bonus scheme.
How to Apply
If you’d like to be part of the team, please send your CV and covering letter in PDF format with the subject line ‘Senior Ecologist Role – June 2019’, quoting your availability and salary expectations to: [email protected]
DEADLINE – Monday 8th July 2019
Also check out our website for more information: www.eightassociates.co.uk
Please note all applicants are required to provide evidence of their entitlement to work in the UK before employment.
We politely request that recruitment consultants do not contact us regarding this role.