Are you a talented writer or budding blogger? Would you like to help conservationists around the world find meaningful, impactful careers?
We’re looking for volunteer Conservation Careers Bloggers (CC Bloggers) to help share careers advice with our global community of aspiring and professional conservationists!
We have multiple volunteer (unpaid) roles, based anywhere with an internet connection. The time commitment is flexible, and in return you’ll have the opportunity to interview professional conservationists from across the globe, have your work published and promoted on Conservation Careers, receive training and support, and more.
About Conservation Careers
We’re seeking to accelerate the career of every conservationist on the planet – because nature needs us!
Conservation Careers is the #1 careers advice centre for conservationists – helping nearly 700,000 conservationists in 178 countries across the globe.
We believe that all wildlife is beautiful and that it deserves great conservationists working to protect it. We provide careers advice and information to a network of dedicated conservationists across the globe.
Learn more about our mission, vision and values.
About the role
As a CC Blogger your role is to provide accurate, honest and useful careers advice for people who wish to work in wildlife conservation.
You’ll do this primarily by interviewing professional conservationists about their work, and collating advice which others can follow. You can read examples of interviews on our Careers Advice Blog.
Our blog gets very well read and shared, with nearly 400,000 annual pageviews. As an author you get your name, photo and bio on every story you write.
We also share each post on all relevant social media platforms, with a potential audience of over 135,000 followers:
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/conservation-careers
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Conservationcareers/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ConservCareers
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/conservcareers/
This is an exciting time to join Conservation Careers. We’ve grown steadily over the past years, and now help nearly 700,000 aspiring and professional conservationists in 178 countries.
Since 2020, we’ve increased our focus on supporting diversity, equity and inclusion in the conservation sector, including through our Celebrating Diversity in Conservation initiative. We are also working with a number of organisations to better understand this, and we are particularly interested in interviews with conservationists from underrepresented countries.
As a Conservation Careers Blogger (CC Blogger), you’ll also be welcomed into our brand-new, private online community, CC Pro, where you’ll be able to interact with other CC Bloggers, as well as other members of the CC Team.
We’re seeking talented writers and budding bloggers who are passionate about wildlife conservation and helping conservationists enjoy meaningful, impactful careers.
- A passion for wildlife conservation.
- A thirst for knowledge, and ability to use own initiative to research topics.
- An ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and creatively to an international web audience using English.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Professionalism to represent Conservation Careers and communicate with professional conservationists politely and respectfully.
- Experience in journalism, science communication, blogging, writing and/or editing, or similar.
- A particular interest in interviewing conservationists from the USA and/or underrepresented countries.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
Location: Anywhere! (home-based)
Commitment: Flexible. We ask that you submit at least 4 articles in your first year (more are welcome!)
Start date: As soon as possible
Trial period: 3 months
What we offer
While this position is unpaid, we can offer:
- Valuable professional experience with a global conservation company
- A chance to make a HUGE difference for conservationists and conservation
- Full credit as the author of your posts, receiving promotion for your work.
- Access to our new, private online community CC Pro, where you can connect with other CCBs, as well as other members of the wider CC Team.
- Support, guidance and encouragement from the Conservation Careers team.
- Full access to our next online Communications for Conservation Projects course (value £295), following successful publication of two interviews on Conservation Careers.
- A role with small, young company that values agility, openness, collaboration and optimism
- Flexible working hours around your life and work. You can work as hard as you like!
- References and recommendations depending on performance
Applications for Conservation Careers Bloggers are currently closed, however we expect to open our next recruitment in mid-2022. Please keep an eye on our Careers Advice Blog, and our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages for updates.