Webinar | Conservation job applications: Employer insights
Are you applying for conservation jobs unsuccessfully? Do you struggle to receive feedback on your applications? Would you like to increase your chances of success by learning from employers?
Join us for a free webinar with guest speakers from Conservation International and the RSPB to get first-hand insights into how these top conservation employers recruit for conservation jobs and how YOU can stand out from the crowd.
During this webinar you’ll learn:
- How many applications do you typically receive?
- How do you shortlist applicants?
- What are some of the most common mistakes you see in job applications?
- How valuable are transferable vs. specific skills?
- Are gaps in employment really an issue?
- What can applicants – especially early career conservationists and career switchers – do to stand out from the crowd?
Our guest speakers also answer live questions from our audience, such as:
- What elements stand out in a good motivation [or cover] letter?
- How do you hire for early career jobs?
- Does past volunteer and freelance experience with conservation groups help?
- What should I do to get attention to my application?
- Do you prefer a skills-based CV [or resume] to chronological employment history?
Watch the webinar | Conservation Job Applications: Employer Insights
Meet our guest speakers
Anuja Verma | Conservation International
Anuja was born in Nigeria and lived in West Africa for 26 years. She is passionate about animal welfare and environmental protection. For almost 15 years, Anuja has staffed projects funded by USAID, the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Defense, United Nations, Millennium Challenge Corporation, DFID, the World Bank and The Global Fund. The projects have focused on delivering sustainable development results across more than 40 countries. Much of her work has also focused on improving talent acquisition structure and processes across global operations. She serves as CI’s Director for Global Talent Acquisition and joined the organization in December 2020.
Dr Richard Bradbury | RSPB
Dr Richard Bradbury is Head of People Conservation Science at the RSPB’s Centre for Conservation Science. He holds an Honorary Research Fellowship at Cambridge University, is Vice President of the British Ornithologist’s Union and is a member of Natural England’s Science Advisory Committee.
His career path has taken him from a PhD on avian sex ratios at the Edward Grey Institute in Oxford, to farmland bird research at Oxford and then RSPB, to leading an RSPB research team working on topics such as renewable energy impacts on birds, climate change risks to birds and ecosystem services.
His research has influenced policy development & evaluation in UK agri-environment policy, UK renewable energy policy and European protected area policy. He now leads a team building RSPB’s social science and nature-based solutions research capacity.
Resources | Applying for Conservation Jobs
- To learn more about Conservation International, visit their website and careers page.
- To learn more about the RSPB, visit their website and job vacancies page.
- Top Conservation Skills
At Conservation Careers we analysed nearly 30,000 conservation jobs, from over 100 countries, to find out what skills employers want.
- Conservation Jobs | The Step-by-Step System to Get Hired as a Wildlife Conservationist
Download our free guide to writing a stand-out application designed to help get you an interview.
- How to Apply for Any Conservation Job
Pre-register for our new online course, ‘How to apply for any conservation job’, with a step-by-step process for creating a stand-out job application.
Animal Welfare Conservation Jobs, Comms & Marketing Conservation Jobs, Community Conservation Jobs, Conservation Careers in Climate Change, Conservation Careers in Environmental Economics, Countryside Management Conservation Jobs, Early Years, Ecologist Jobs, Ecotourism Conservation Jobs, Environmental Education Conservation Jobs, Events & Visitor Engagement Conservation Jobs, Fundraising & Development Conservation Jobs, GIS & Mapping Conservation Jobs, Information & Data Management Conservation Jobs, Marine Conservation Jobs, Mid Career, Organisational Management Conservation Jobs, Policy & Advocacy Conservation Jobs, Programme Management Conservation Jobs, Project Management Conservation Jobs, Restoration Jobs, Science & Research Conservation Jobs, Senior Level, Sustainability Conservation Jobs, Warden & Ranger Conservation Jobs, Webinars, Wildlife Conservation Jobs, Wildlife Photography & Film-making Conservation Jobs, Zoology Jobs