Start your career in conservation and gain vital skills to boost your CV
- When: 6th - 9th April 2019 inclusive
- Where: Juniper Hall Field Centre, Dorking, Near London.
- Who for: Conservation job-seekers, career switchers, career explorers.
Overview: The Conservation Career-Starter
Give your conservation career a huge boost with a special four-day residential training course designed to increase your chances of employment within the competitive conservation sector.
Get your career on track with the Conservation Careers Kick-starter designed to help you understand the job market, to navigate your career options, and to get hired more quickly. You'll leave with a personal career plan which will get your career on track.
In addition, stand out from the crowd and get certified in Project Management for Wildlife Conservation from the experts at WildTeam UK.
With Conservation Careers, you will ...
Develop a personal career plan to guide you on your conservation job hunt and make you super-competitive. This includes:
- Getting a detailed understanding of the conservation job market and working through a series of tasks designed to help you identify the right job for you.
- Identifying the education, knowledge and experience you need for your chosen job, and how to fill any gaps quickly.
- Learning how to successfully apply for a conservation job, including how to write the perfect cover letter and CV.
- Understanding how to deliver a great interview which will get you hired (and how to keep your nerves in check...).
50% of the course will be provided by Conservation Careers.
With WildTeam UK, you will ...
Learn how to set up and run your own conservation projects - a much sought-after skill by employers across the sector. This includes how to:
- Create a conservation strategy that is easy to communicate, monitor, adapt and report against.
- Apply principles that keep your project on track with more impact.
- Assign roles to your team to promote clear decision making.
- Break down a project into manageable phases.
- Deal with risks, issues and lessons learned.
- Use standardised templates to help plan, monitor and report on your project work.
50% of the course will be provided by WildTeam UK.
Is it right for you?
The residential is designed for:
- Job-Seekers - Such as under-graduates and post-graduates looking for that first paying role in wildlife conservation.
- Career Switchers - People looking to switch into conservation from a totally different sector, but don’t know where to start and need a helping hand.
- Career Explorers - Those doing an unrelated course or training right now, but feel their passion is in nature conservation. This course will help you to explore your career options and get a clear, actionable plan together to help you pivot and change direction with confidence.
If you want to start working in wildlife conservation, or just would like to know more about what’s involved, this is the course for you!
The residential will be held at the gorgeous Juniper Hall Field Centre.
This will be your home for four days - 6th - 9th April 2019 inclusive.
Juniper Hall Field Centre just a stone's throw away from London and is in a rural setting next to Boxhill. Find out more.
What people are saying
This course has been exactly what I had hoped it would be. Thanks all so much for your commitment and training. It has been a blast! Charlotte Williams, UK.
Thank you guys for this amazing course. The lost depressed me is no more and I can now head off knowing that if I work hard enough and be tactical to my approach I can do more than I thought. Robyn Caple, UK
A huge thank you to the whole team for all your help and encouragement this weekend. Really appreciated! Aimee Farndale, UK.
I just want to say a big thank you. I found the boot camp really valuable and not only did I learn lots of new things but I feel so positive about my future in such a competitive industry. Georgina Lindsay, UK.
Great experience all round, feel much more motivated and prepared for the future. Ellen Wilson, UK.
Thank you to all at the WildTeam and Conservation Careers who organised the bootcamp, it was great to be apart of. Tomos Eaves, UK.
I want to thank the whole team for such a great experience, you were all very supportive and helpful throughout, and I can't recommend this workshop enough...! Saskia Dahl- Meadows, UK.
Thanks for the boost in confidence and for your obvious commitment to education and conservation! Joe Jeffcoate, UK.
- Limited - 25 Available.
- £350 for four days training.
- £315 for Conservation Careers Lion Members. Join today and save £35!
- Accommodation Add-On:
- £102 for four nights (£25.50 per night).
- Shared rooms with three people per room maximum, most are twins.
- A years access to the online video modules, and a years full membership of Conservation Careers worth £149.
- Exam & Certificate in Foundation-Level Project Management - worth £50.
- The Accommodation Add-On includes four nights and days with breakfast, cold lunch, cooked dinner, drinks throughout the day and cake in the afternoon. Bedding and towels are also included.
- The course-only option includes cold lunch, drinks throughout the day and cake in the afternoon.
This is a four day residential course covering the kick-starter training from Conservation Careers AND the Project Management for Wildlife Conservationists (PMWC) training from WildTeam UK. The material covered by Conservation Careers is similar in both the online and residential versions. However in the residential course you get fours days access to the Conservation Careers expert trainer, the ability to network with the other course mates and the head-space to take a deep dive into the your career planning in a fabulous location. You also get the online training course included as part of this residential, so you can always go back and refresh your knowledge anytime within 12 months of doing the course.
Yes! If you want to start working in wildlife conservation, or just would like to know more about what’s involved, this is the course for you! We’ve helped lots of people make the switch into conservation, and to follow their dream job.
Yes. We can cater for all dietary requirements. and we will ask you to fill in a simple form when you book your place.
Yes! Anyone is welcome to come along. On previous courses we’ve had people from America, France, Germany, Columbia and many more places.
- If you are currently at university or college, and planning to try and find work in the conservation sector when you finish. There’s no better time to start getting clear about your career options than now. This way you can use the time before you graduate to fill any gaps we identify together, and be ready to hit the ground running on your graduation day.
- If you are currently hunting for a conservation job but struggling. We’ll walk you through the process of how to craft applications that make you stand out from the crowd, and how to impress in conservation interviews (plus how to control nerves).
- If you have always had a passion for wildlife and want to work in nature conservation, but don’t know where to start. You might be working in a totally unrelated field right now, and need some clarity on what’s needed to get going. We’re here to help you understand the conservation job landscape, where you might fit in (especially with all your lovely transferrable skills) and to help you form a plan of action to make your dream career a reality.
Book your place
Places are very limited. To secure your place today, please choose from the following two options: