The British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums is a charity and governed by the BIAZA Council in its mission to provide support and services to the members towards a sustainable future for all species. The BIAZA staff work to support and provide services to the membership and are responsible for the day to day running of the Association, strategy development and implementation, coordinating and facilitating the work of the standing committees, internal and external stakeholder engagements and sector representation.
This temporary role involves providing additional support for a range of administration tasks within the office while a permanent staff member is on maternity leave. The role reports to the CEO but works closely with all other BIAZA colleagues to assist with any administration tasks as they arise, particularly the Projects and Administration Officer and Senior Manager(s).
- Meeting administration, including diary checking and online meeting software responsibility
- Taking of meeting minutes
- Administration of the BIAZA Admin email account including answering enquiries and distributing emails to the appropriate staff member
- Website administration including uploading documents, submitting jobs and events
- Admin support for member communications including updating contacts, proofing and formatting documents
- Admin support for projects and campaigns including document management, compiling survey responses, summarising data
- Admin support for online conferences and events
- Admin support of the annual BIAZA awards.
Intended role start date is 15th February 2021. The position is for 15 hours a week over 3 days (some flexibility may be possible) on an initial fixed term contract for 5 months. The salary for this position will be £10.85 per hour (£21,157.50 full time equivalent annual salary). There may be some need for extension of the contract term and/or for increased hours during busy periods, which will be further agreed if required. The BIAZA Office is currently working remotely from home but some travel to central London (Regents Park or Waterloo) for meetings may be required.
BIAZA is a small team working to progress the mission and objectives of the Association. The successful applicant must therefore be a good communicator, have a dynamic nature and strong teamwork skills. They need to be highly organised as well as flexible and able to effectively work from home.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and the ability to write and proofread text in a range of contexts
- Experienced in office and project administration
- Strong organisational skills giving an ability to work effectively to prioritise tasks, meeting deadlines with clear outputs and juggling multiple projects
- Proven IT skills particularly with Microsoft SharePoint, Outlook & Office Suite as well as online meeting and conference software such as Teams and Zoom
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and the ability to work with a diversity of BIAZA staff and members
- Experience of the zoo and aquarium community
- Experience of a variety of social media platforms
- Experience of events organisation
- Experience of working for or with a membership-based association
- Experience of website administration
- Experience of Dynamics based databases