The Ecology Consultancy was established in 1999 and is now one of the largest dedicated consultancies owned and run by ecologists in the country. We are passionate about what we do and our staff enjoy working in a friendly and supportive environment. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, our ability to influence scheme design for the benefit of biodiversity and enjoy working closely with our clients’ design teams.
The Ecology Consultancy has developed a sound reputation for delivering objective, high quality work to clients in the private, public and voluntary sectors and along with its sister environmental consultancy Temple, it forms part of Temple Group. Our principal areas of work are habitat and protected species surveys, watching brief and Ecological Clerk of Works, Ecological Impact Assessment, and Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM assessments, as well as providing training and advice, on a wide range of projects from major infrastructure projects such as HS2 to single dwellings and barn conversions.
We are passionate about what we do and strive to create friendly and supportive working environment and are developing a structured programme to assist staff in their career progression.
We are looking for a confident and positive minded team player to work on large and small scale projects around the country. The ideal candidate would have experience of a wide range of protected species surveys, as well as ecological clerk of works and ideally experience of mitigation projects.
The post is based in our London team and there will be a requirement to undertake such travel as is necessary to successfully carry out contracts. This will include overnight stays and, possibly, longer periods of working away from home. It is also likely that some weekend working would be required.
This post is offered on an initial 6 month contract, with the possibility of extension depending on project requirements.
- An appropriate degree qualification (BSc/MSc);
- Some experience of reptile, great crested newt, badger and bat surveys;
- Experience of Ecological Clerk of Works (a distinct advantage)
- Ability to identify native herpetofauna to species, life stage;
- Be willing to work during evenings;
- Confident communicator, written and verbal
- Have a full clean UK driving licence;
- Willingness to travel for surveys with regular stays away from home
- Willingness to work occasional weekends;
- Good data QA & report writing skills;
- A great crested newt survey licence would be a distinct advantage;
- Experience with other species groups would be an advantage as would the ability to identify habitats and indicator plant species;
- Experience of bat sound analysis;
- A valid CSCS card
- CIEEM Graduate or Associate Membership.
What do we offer?
- 6 month contract
- £21,250.00 pa (pro rata)
- 25 days Annual leave (pro rata);
- Structured and generous career development and training budget (The Orchard);
- Socials, games nights, volunteering days through our staff engagement and development initiative (PASE)
- Flextime, working from home and Time Off In Lieu
- Flexible location working
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months service)
Applications (your CV and a covering letter) should be emailed to: email@example.com or posted to The Ecology Consultancy, Tempus Wharf, 33a Bermondsey Wall West, London, SE16 4TQ