Are you passionate about wildlife and conservation? We have excellent opportunities for Assistant Ecologists willing to strengthen their experience and kick start their career in ecological consultancy.
As a dynamic and growing business, we are looking for self-motivated and positive-minded Assistant Ecologists to join our friendly teams. The successful candidates will be assisting our ecologists to carry out Preliminary Ecological Appraisals and a wide range of protected species survey work during the busy 2021 field season. Some previous experience of mitigation projects would be highly beneficial. This position offers excellent prospects.
We have fixed term and permanent roles available in several of our well-appointed offices across the UK and the successful candidates will be based from one of these, however, the project-based nature of our work means that there will be a requirement to undertake travel needed to successfully carry out contracts. This may include overnight stays and, possibly, longer periods of working away from home.
The successful candidates will have:
- A relevant degree;
- Experience in reptile, great crested newt and bat surveys;
- An ability to identify native herpetofauna to species, life stage:
- Be willing to occasionally work during evenings and at weekends;
- A full clean UK driving licence;
- Good data QA & report writing skills;
- A valid CSCS card.
Preferably, the candidates will also have:
- A great crested newt survey licence;
- Experience with other species groups and the ability to identity habitats and indicator plant species;
- Experience of working on mitigation sites;
- Experience of providing Ecological Clerk of Works services;
- Bat sound analysis skills;
- CIEEM Graduate or Associate Membership;
- Experience of carrying out preliminary ecological appraisals.
The Ecology Consultancy & The Temple Group
The Ecology Consultancy with Temple and Arbeco form The Temple Group.
The Temple Group is one of the UK’s leading independent infrastructure and property consultancies, specialising in environment, ecology, arboriculture, planning and sustainability. Using our extensive experience and breadth of skills, we provide a bespoke professional service to our clients so that they can make the right decisions and achieve the best outcomes. We have over 20 years’ experience of providing our expertise on a wide range of projects and aim to build strong relationships with our clients who value our ethical approach.
For further details on the three businesses that make-up The Temple Group see: Ecology Consultancy – www.ecologyconsultancy.co.uk ; Temple – www.templegroup.co.uk; Arbeco – www.arbeco.co.uk .
The company is defined by our unique culture – one that puts people at the core of everything we do. We strive to create a friendly and supportive working environment, encouraging staff to take advantage of every opportunity for professional development and assisting them in their career progression. Joining the Ecology Consultancy is a chance to be part of close-knit, fun, openminded and driven team that really cares about what they do and prides itself on the quality of their work.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary on a scale commensurate with experience (plus £2,000 for London Weighting if applicable);
- TOIL (time off in lieu) policy and flexible approach to working hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- 26 days annual leave (& bank holidays) plus an additional day for each year of service up to 29 days
- Enhanced maternity pay;
- Opportunities for career development and training;
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months’ service);
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Socials, games nights and volunteering days through our staff engagement and development initiative;
- Fun, friendly, and forward-thinking co-workers;
- A dog-friendly office.
If this is the role for you: Please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com.