This listing has expired.
We have multiple fixed term contract opportunities for Assistant Ecologists to support our terrestrial ecology teams in Guildford, Leeds and Birmingham for the 2023 survey season (April – October).
We shall be hosting two virtual assessment days:
- Wednesday 15th March 2023 for Birmingham and Leeds applicants
- Thursday 23rd March 2023 for Guildford applicants.
This is a great opportunity to learn professional survey and mitigation techniques, in a range of species and habitats, and to gain experience of working in a busy independent environmental consultancy. Many of our previous seasonal Assistant Ecologists have gone on to secure permanent positions with us and now have thriving careers at Thomson.
We would like to hear from hardworking graduates with a degree in ecology, environmental science, zoology or another related field and have a passion to work as an Ecologist.
You’ll need to;
- Be able to attend our informative and fun virtual (Microsoft Teams) candidate assessment day on the dates mentioned above.
- Have a degree in ecology or a related field, or suitable relevant experience.
- Be living in the UK with the right to work.
- Have a valid driving licence and vehicle, that can be insured for business use.
- Able to start full time from early April 2023 to October 2023.
- You will be located within 1 hour’s commute from one of our offices (Birmingham, Guildford and Leeds) or be willing to relocate immediately.
- Have the ability and willingness to travel and stay away at survey sites in various locations around the UK.
- Have confidence to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly.
It would be advantageous if you also had the following:
- previous experience undertaking ecological surveys in the UK
- a protected species licence e.g. GCN, bat or dormouse
- membership to the Chartered Institute of Ecological and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
- a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card
- First Aid at Work certification
In return we will provide you with amazing training, we cover business related expenses, we will provide you with an excellent collaborative and friendly working environment with a great opportunity to start your career path in Ecology.
To apply, please send your CV along with an up to 500 word covering letter explaining as to why you are interested in the role and why we should consider your application. Please send your application to email@example.com