This listing has expired.
The role of the Assistant Reserves Officer is to carry out practical management of the Trust’s nature reserves to maintain, safeguard and develop them for people and wildlife, whilst promoting the Trust and its work to a wide audience. The postholder is expected to support and embrace a positive team culture,and to uphold the Trust’s values and expected behaviours at all times. They should act as a positive role model for staff, volunteers and external stakeholders through a professional, collaborative and engaging approach.
- To carry out practical site management work across the Trust’s nature reserves to maintain and develop their quality both for wildlife and visitors.
- To undertake all duties in accordance with Health and Safety and other relevant legislation, as well as Trust policies, plans and procedures and recognised best practice.
- To undertake tree and infrastructure inspections, practical conservation and estate work across the Trusts’ reserves, as directed by the Nature Reserves Manager and Senior Reserves Officers.
- To lead volunteer work parties and oversee trainees for specific tasks.
- To maintain all vehicles, machinery, equipment and tools in a safe and effective condition and to ensure that they are used in an appropriate manner.
- To assist with the management of livestock belonging to the Trust or grazing on Trust reserves.
- To promote the Trust and its work via the provision of guided walks, presentations, and participation in events and activities.
- To deal with correspondence and enquiries from the general public, members and other interested parties in a timely, polite and effective manner.
- To participate in relevant Nature Reserve seminars, groups and meetings, within the Wildlife Trusts, the counties and the region.
- To carry out any other duties required by the Senior Reserves Officers or the Nature Reserves
- Manager, appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
- To be on call during evenings and weekends as part of a rota system to deal with any Reserve emergencies.