The Community Program Internship is designed to support NSEA’s Program Team by facilitating community and student opportunities throughout Whatcom County. This is a temporary, part-time, paid position of $14.49 per hour, 24 hours per week from February 16 – June 4, 2022.
As part of the Future Leaders of Whatcom Waters (FLOW) Program the Community Program Internship provides real-world experiences and professional development opportunities for the future leaders of the environmental and educational fields.
Students for Salmon Programming- Estimated 60% of time
- Educate fourth grade students in salmon ecology topics during Students for Salmon field trips
Stream Stewards Programming- Estimated 30% of time
- Lead and educate volunteers in salmon ecology and habitat restoration at Community Work Parties
Program Planning and Professional Development – Estimated 10% of time
- Work collaboratively with fellow interns to plan and organize for upcoming needs
- Attend professional development workshops to gain skills in a variety of chosen topics
- Assist in all aspects of programming, including set-up, clean-up, and supply/tool maintenance
- Assist with facility needs
- Other duties as assigned