TMA are seeking a Consultant and Senior Ecologist to join our small but friendly and ambitious ecology team. We’re based in a lovely barn conversion in rural surroundings near Harlow. TMA has been awarded the Gold Standard by Investors in People, recognising the importance we place on supporting and developing our staff. We’re also known for technical innovation and have developed our own ‘MyTrees’ ecology survey software to make surveying and reporting quicker and more effective (don’t worry, it’s easy to use and you’ll receive full training).
We are looking for ecologists capable of undertaking and managing a variety of field surveys and mitigation and communicating effectively to clients. The successful candidates will enjoy a variety of site and office work. The majority of our work is in the London and Essex area, with some projects further afield.
Our typical ecology work includes Phase 1 Habitat Assessments, Protected Species Surveys (particularly bats), Protected Species Mitigation Schemes, Ecological Enhancement Schemes and a wide range of other interesting ecological consultancy work. Our ecologists also benefit from collaborating and learning from our Arboricultural and Landscape consultants.
- Minimum two full years’ experience in ecological consultancy
- Strong skills in Phase 1 Habitat Assessment and Protected Species Surveys
- Good knowledge of British flora and fauna
- Understanding of wildlife legislation and the planning system
- Excellent report writing skills with attention to detail
- Full driving licence
EXTRA REQUIREMENTS (Senior)
- Minimum four years’ experience
- Bat Survey Licence (Level 2)
- Experience of successfully applying for and implementing European Protected Species Mitigation Licences would be desirable
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and Christmas shut down)
- 15 days extra Time Off in Lieu for ecologists
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Financial assistance and training to achieve bat survey licence (if applicable)
- Paid CIEEM membership
- We hold Investors in People Gold Standard
- Working with a diverse, knowledgeable, and friendly team who will support and guide you
- Contributions to a government NEST pension.
- Varied work supported by state-of-the-art technical software.
- Great office location and environment
- Career development and excellent learning resources
- Good motorway access and mileage allowance
- Regular staff meetings and team-building events
SALARY – COMPETITIVE
BENFITS: Bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, CPD, CIEEM Membership
To register your interest, or for more details, please send an email with your CV to [email protected]